Lost MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Don't forget you can listen on Radio Diamonds if you can't make it to Corby.

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Well the lads deserve credit for giving it a good go in the second half, we actually looked a threat going forward and against a Corby side who were clearly low on confidence themselves, we deserved more for our performance going forward. And got to say it was certainly an entertaining derby game for NYD.

But of course we got nothing as usual because of a defensive horror show and we could have been down 4-0 after half an hour. Don't get me wrong, we haven't exactly been brilliant in defence this season, but we haven't been that bad for the most part, but today was an absolute shambles, we gifted them chance after chance, it was too easy for them to get in behind us throughout, Michael has a big job to sort that out for Saturday cause we just make things so hard for ourselves conceding so soon after kickoff in both halves...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Absolutely spot on Olly. i'm going to have nightmares over Corby's first goal. We were sliced open and the scorer couldn't believe his luck. Purse had a nightmare at the back and my only surprise was that he wasn't taken off sooner. Ngwa did really well for the 45 minutes he played and I think he'll be a real handful when properly match fit. MOTM again was the outstanding Ryan Inman who is at the centre of everything we do - perhaps he could play as a central defender against Gresley as well as taking all the corners and free kicks!!!

It was really encouraging to see the grandstand finish that almost earned us a well deserved point. However, in reality we lost again and games are running out. I just wonder what may have happened if a half fit Harriman (Achilles) and a half fit Shanks (knee) had played this afternoon? Water under the bridge now but I fancy we'd have come away with a point or 3!
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Gresley lost 0-6 at home today. Surely, surely we can win that one.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Diamonds fans really got behind the team in the second half, great atmosphere, pissed i can,t make the Gresley game which i am sure is going to be corker if today is anything to go by
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:03 pm Gresley lost 0-6 at home today. Surely, surely we can win that one.
Not with our defense
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:54 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:03 pm Gresley lost 0-6 at home today. Surely, surely we can win that one.
Not with our defense
The squad deserved the applause from the fans at FT today, they put in a good shift and didn’t let their heads drop, with some decent attacking play too in patches. With that said, it’s imperative that we switch on from the start of each halves going forward. Our defence was incredibly poor today, yet a special shoutout must go to Jacob Scott who was the exception, I thought he played well at RB and played some great balls through to Anderson. The defence in general is so so disappointing because we literally have an ex EFL defender with countless appearances as our manager. If I was expecting anything from Harriman, it was for him to make us a solid prospect at the back. We are so poor. Overall, I am feeling *slightly* positive ahead of this Saturday. I really hope the footballing Gods are looking down on us.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews from AFCRDTV