Kings Lynn in trouble

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Kings Lynn in trouble

Post by sussexdiamond »

They need £300k to see out the season and owner is having trouble finding the money. Over £1,000,000 spent on wages last season!!! I hope Spalding and Harborough are paying attention.
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: Kings Lynn in trouble

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

There are a lot of teams who have spent beyond their means for a long time, and I suspect we'll see more and more struggling as the season wears on.

Nuneaton in a similar boat (the people who took over quit 2 weeks later, now back looking for a new owner). Southend are constantly 1 court case away from a winding up order. And I'm sure there will be more.

As much as our financial prudence may irritate fans, and as much as we're struggling this year, at least we can be confident the board won't allow us to get into that sort of situation.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

The Boxing day sales are approaching, the annual post xmas clear out from teams who are around midtable whose budgets are not sustainable any more as the dream of promotion is over.

Hope we have saved up for the Xmas sales as we may get that Striker we crave
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

I wonder how much longer this sort of thing can go on for before some form of FFP gets introduced in Non League (possibly in line with similar rules that are in place in League Two).
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Stourbridge_Diamond

Another in trouble - Marske Utd in the league above us withdraw from the league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw4eg0gn4j0o

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Stourbridge_Diamond wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:48 pm Another in trouble - Marske Utd in the league above us withdraw from the league.

I do think it's going to be a very interesting summer regarding clubs getting demoted, withdrawing from leagues etc. It goes to show that, even if we finish in the relegation places cime the end of the season, it is important we don't finish bottom. You never know what reprieves might happen over the summer.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Exactly my thinking. There must also be some serious questions around some of the grounds in this league. I won’t name names but if you have been there you know who I’m talking about.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:34 pm Exactly my thinking. There must also be some serious questions around some of the grounds in this league. I won’t name names but if you have been there you know who I’m talking about.
Agreed, been to every away game bar Cambridge City this season and there are some very questionable grounds!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Stourbridge_Diamond

They've got a new investor based in Singapore

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67915093.amp

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Rushdenjim wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:40 pm
Stourbridge_Diamond wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:48 pm Another in trouble - Marske Utd in the league above us withdraw from the league.

I do think it's going to be a very interesting summer regarding clubs getting demoted, withdrawing from leagues etc. It goes to show that, even if we finish in the relegation places cime the end of the season, it is important we don't finish bottom. You never know what reprieves might happen over the summer.
Since I said this, alongside Nuneaton we've now got Rochdale on the brink and Torquay about to appoint administrators. It's been a bloodbath for non-league this year :ermm: