Lost [ Sat 16th Dec ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 16th Dec ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Dec ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

With the addition of two Cobblers until end of season who is going to make way for them? We do seem to have rather a lot of midfield players. Still need a striker though, hopefully Jones will be back soon. Rose, Garwood, Purse, Wilson or Tagoe, Briggs, Wyatt, Inman, Scott, Taylor, Jones, Dean. I'm not sure about playing two seventeen year olds maybe just one would be best. We do have Pinto Leite and Corden.
MikeHunt
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by MikeHunt »

Well that was a sh*tshow
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Why did we bring in 2 more midfielders this week when it's been clear for weeks now we need a striker? Surely we could have got one in on loan from Cobblers or Posh?
There must be someone who wants a chance to prove themselves ??
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

That’s it now am afraid.

Done and dusted.

We have nothing to lose now, anything worth trying?

Could go on a massive rant about the current experienced players/mangers&co thing going on but I won’t bore you all. Shall we go for a new manager again?
Last edited by diamondsteve on Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

While obviously we didn't expect to get much from Spalding today, it was still a thoroughly depressing afternoon, sub 300 crowd, and 3-0 probably flattered us. We haven't been outplayed much this season, but we certainly were today, going down to 10 men destroyed the game as a contest and Spalding were able to treat the second half like a training game.

5 straight defeats, 1 point in 7 since we gave Harriman the job, despite some spirited performances, nothing has changed in terms of results, we could wait and hope results may come eventually, but we are nearly halfway through our season, much like we did last season at this stage, I think another roll of the dice is needed to try and save it. I'm sorry, but as much as I like them, I just can't see how Michael and Tom with extremely limited managerial experience are going to get us out of this situation, I don't know who, if anyone is out there that would be available and want to take this job on, but we already are running out of time and the UCL is looming...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Olly wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:31 pm While obviously we didn't expect to get much from Spalding today, it was still a thoroughly depressing afternoon, sub 300 crowd, and 3-0 probably flattered us. We haven't been outplayed much this season, but we certainly were today, going down to 10 men destroyed the game as a contest and Spalding were able to treat the second half like a training game.

5 straight defeats, 1 point in 7 since we gave Harriman the job, despite some spirited performances, nothing has changed in terms of results, we could wait and hope results may come eventually, but we are nearly halfway through our season, much like we did last season at this stage, I think another roll of the dice is needed to try and save it. I'm sorry, but as much as I like them, I just can't see how Michael and Tom with extremely limited managerial experience are going to get us out of this situation, I don't know who, if anyone is out there that would be available and want to take this job on, but we already are running out of time and the UCL is looming...
Agree might as well roll the dice again. What’s the worst that can happen? Honestly
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

The manager isn't learning either.

The interview tonight, about a minute or two in he says how we had a great chance playing it out from the back.

Woop we were able to create one chance playing it out from the back.

Even if it went in we would have lost 3 - 1.

It's like the Burgess era again, I certainly hope we are not paying an ex football league player more to manage us than we were playing Chris Nunn last season.

A manager thinking we can play it out from the back at this level is deluded, thinking we can do it with a small budget is even more deluded, totally disrespectful to the other clubs, if it was possible 10 or more of the other clubs in this league would be doing it.

Sadly the board have let us down again in appointing someone on the back of one good result. It's a disgrace how come summertime those same board members will expect us to donate money and also trust them to spend it wisely.

Last season I remember the manager telling us we were trying to sign a striker every week too

To mess up this new club in a short space of time is shameful, I'd rather we started a new club in the UCL again so the absolute embarrassment of the past 2 years is wiped away. I feel bad for the elderly fans who supported this new club and have sadly passed, they wouldn't have predicted it could be destroyed so badly, someone doing a sabotage attempt couldn't have done such an effective job at the destruction.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Who would replace the Manager. From my understanding only 3 applied last time and one dropped out before interview. I am not convinced anyone coming in now would make a difference. We are putting in lots of 7 dayers from my limited understanding but not attractive enough proposition to tempt players in.
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Dbsl wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:48 am Who would replace the Manager. From my understanding only 3 applied last time and one dropped out before interview. I am not convinced anyone coming in now would make a difference. We are putting in lots of 7 dayers from my limited understanding but not attractive enough proposition to tempt players in.
Plenty of Sunday league managers around today