[ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Re: [ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dowlo »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am . A lack of atmosphere again, don’t think I heard our supporters singing once.
You're there supporting in the ground. Start a song yourself. The same people have been unofficially responsible for coming up with songs etc for the last 12 years of AFC and further back if you include the R&D. You want some atmosphere, start some yourself perhaps?
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I believe Summerfield has returned to Bedford as I think he was only here on loan.

If I've understood the situation correctly with Jarvis then then N Pagnell's next 3 games concludes at the same time as we paly Spalding. So, I think Jarvis could technically play for us on 2nd, 9th, 12th, and 16th December. Good player.

Lets hope a new striker is just around the corner!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:37 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am . A lack of atmosphere again, don’t think I heard our supporters singing once.
You're there supporting in the ground. Start a song yourself. The same people have been unofficially responsible for coming up with songs etc for the last 12 years of AFC and further back if you include the R&D. You want some atmosphere, start some yourself perhaps?
Not my forte. Wouldn’t want to subject anyone to my singing! :cheesy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dowlo

Post by Dowlo »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:32 pm

It's a football ground, not a choir mate.

If you don't "sing" yourself you can't moan about a lack of atmosphere within the ground. :clapping:
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:36 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:32 pm

It's a football ground, not a choir mate.

If you don't "sing" yourself you can't moan about a lack of atmosphere within the ground. :clapping:
Just my opinion, I guess I’ll keep quiet about it from now on then 🙄
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The pressman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:14 pm I believe Summerfield has returned to Bedford as I think he was only here on loan.

If I've understood the situation correctly with Jarvis then then N Pagnell's next 3 games concludes at the same time as we paly Spalding. So, I think Jarvis could technically play for us on 2nd, 9th, 12th, and 16th December. Good player.

Lets hope a new striker is just around the corner!
Summerfield was a full transfer although since it was a different league, Bedford would have kept his registration in the Southern League and as a result he could go back there and play if he wanted to. I don't actually know where he is.

Wilson is our player. He hasn't joined us just because he is suspended at Step 5. As with Summerfield above, when players move to Clubs within different governing bodies (in this case from UCL to NPL) there is no requirement to cancel registrations before signing and as a result, it's dual-reg.

Fully understand everyone's frustrations. I enjoyed our performance last night as much as any game this season but alas, we continue to lose football matches. We simply have to take our chances of which there were many last night, and stop conceding stupid goals. Michael knows we need 2 or 3 and as he said in his programme notes, that work doesn't really stop. It's an ongoing thing. Importantly I think the 5 they have brought in recently, all of which started last night, have all improved us. But that's just my opinion.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo

Post by Dowlo »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:49 pm

You can have an opinion, not an issue at all. This is literally something you the ability to improve in an instant yourself though. Start a song, lift the atmosphere, improve your match day experience.

This example of "oh our supporters were quiet last night" all the while stood there in silence yourself is directly impacting on the quiet atmosphere you mentioned. Give the usual guys a helping hand.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Wilson will be suspended from all "Saturday" football for how ever many matches his ban is until Newport Pagnell have played that number of matches.

His ban will start on Saturday, if it's one game he got then he'll be available from 3rd December (unless Newport Pagnell's game on Saturday is called off). If it a three match ban then he won't be available again until 17th December, again depending if any of Newport Pagnell's games get called off.
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:11 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:49 pm

You can have an opinion, not an issue at all. This is literally something you the ability to improve in an instant yourself though. Start a song, lift the atmosphere, improve your match day experience.

This example of "oh our supporters were quiet last night" all the while stood there in silence yourself is directly impacting on the quiet atmosphere you mentioned. Give the usual guys a helping hand.
I’m not the type of person who can go up to a group of people I don’t particularly know that well and start up a song, but I respect the point you’ve put across.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Never mind the atmosphere, that's hardly worth bickering about right now and won't make any difference.

We have a lot of inconsistency coming out of the club at the mo, the club website makes it sound like Tom Lorraine signed Jarvis because he knew him from his Daventry days, then Joseph asks the Jarvis how the signing came about and he said... John Dean, it all feels a bit Sunday league ish.

If you look at Tom and Michael's first interviews as caretakers, there were several times when Jo asked them a question where Michael would roll his eyes like he's wondering if Tom is going to answer the question, a lack of dominant leadership, in the recent interviews he seems lost and just repeats what Chris Nunn was saying.

'We know we need an experienced striker' ...120 seconds later... 'these players will come good'

Lorraine says signings fit the 'way we want to play' but anyone with an ounce of football experience will know that if you are bottom of the league you can't have a way you want to play, you have to go back to basics, be scrappy, organise the defence, play long balls if required, if you are bottom of the league you don't have confidence so you are not going to be able to play from the back.

Can we have a little professionalism back at the club too? when I view the club website announcement of Jarvis signing and then I read 'Shanks said' I just cringe.

The commentator tweets one of the listeners to say 'I hope you enjoyed the comms' ughhh bottom of the league, another game lost, edging ever closer to doomsday, who enjoys the comms or even thinks about if they enjoyed it or not when the team loses?

Jarvis signed from a lower league club and also plays Sunday League football, these are not the type of players who will get us out of this mess, why haven't they been snapped up by other clubs?

Unless we get some experience to blend with them - the players we sign from lower leagues are not going to flourish and nor are the players we already have.

I would like to know what the club classes as 'experience at a higher level' are we talking 10 x 5 minute sub appearances? or 20 starts a season? or the lad was in a conference side youth team so he's experienced at a higher level despite not playing a first team game? my opinion is that an 'experienced player' is about 26-34 who has started between 100 - 200 games either at this level or the level above or a combination of the 2, not players who move to 2 or 3 clubs a season and start less than 5 games at each.

Basics - let's call a spade a spade and get back to them.

At the minute it feels like some fans probably look at the table and think, gosh we are only 30 points adrift Harborough Town, that's just 10 wins and we could be top of the league - not bad, COYD. The danger flags haven't caught their attention yet, if we go down this year that will be half the fan base gone, they won't forgive repeating mistakes which were made just a year ago and neither will some of the sponsors.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎