[ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Next up at home on Tuesday evening.

fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

Need the 3 points tonight, it’s a must. Same as this Saturday, if we can get 6 points then it really is game on. New signing for tonight so look forward to seeing who that is.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

New signing needs to be CD or maybe a striker. Either or both by the weekend please.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Jarvis Wison on a dual from NPG. Centre back
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

From his photo he looks a big lad with a real physical presence
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A few takeaways from last night's game.
Management, please take note, these are meant to be helpful and constructive.
Defending - too many times our full backs are being beaten as they're charging into the situation. Their 2nd goal came from this, apart from the fact 2 opposition players stood alone at the back post. Stop diving in, stand up, make them face away and STOP the cross.
Next, stop trying to play your way out from the back all the time, I lost count of the times we easily gave the ball away at the back. Goalkeeper, kick it long from your hands and compete further up the pitch from the off.
Attacking - we had 6 or more really good opportunities to score but we get there and look like frightened rabbits caught in headlights. We're snatching and panicking. Calm down, place the ball in the net and we'll go over the options later.
We really look a relegated team - show improvement for goodness sake.
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Story of the season once again, we should have been 2 or 3 up early on, and both of their goals were avoidable. It’s blatantly obvious we are still missing experienced players, and at times there appears a lack of passion from the players. You know it’s getting bad when Jim gets angry!

Don’t like to go over old ground as it’s a sore subject on here. But losing Peaks was a massive blow, appointing who we did was a huge mistake. Chris Nunn did his best, but whoever had come in would have struggled tbh. Also since Nunn left it feels like the connection he was building between the fans and players is disappearing.

I understand it was a cold night, and the champions league was on, but the attendance of 230 was woeful even for a Tuesday night. As much as I hate K*ttering and am loving seeing them struggling, they still consistently get around 500 at their home games. A lack of atmosphere again, don’t think I heard our supporters singing once.

The way we’re going we’ll be UCL next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am Story of the season once again, we should have been 2 or 3 up early on, and both of their goals were avoidable. It’s blatantly obvious we are still missing experienced players, and at times there appears a lack of passion from the players. You know it’s getting bad when Jim gets angry!

Don’t like to go over old ground as it’s a sore subject on here. But losing Peaks was a massive blow, appointing who we did was a huge mistake. Chris Nunn did his best, but whoever had come in would have struggled tbh. Also since Nunn left it feels like the connection he was building between the fans and players is disappearing.

I understand it was a cold night, and the champions league was on, but the attendance of 230 was woeful even for a Tuesday night. As much as I hate K*ttering and am loving seeing them struggling, they still consistently get around 500 at their home games. A lack of atmosphere again, don’t think I heard our supporters singing once.

The way we’re going we’ll be UCL next season.
I concur RE the atmosphere, it has been really disappointing and I would love it if we could get behind the team more. But having said that, we have watched utter crap for the best part of 18 months so it is understandable that the feeling around the ground is one of dejection.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Same old "should have" "can't fault the boys" "we'll get there "answers unfortunately I'm afraid. We open with "we just need a striker to put these chances away" but then later say "these are the boys that will get us out of it" Very confusing & not really inspiring confidence that ' these are the boys' to get us out of it.
I'm assuming that as Jarvis was sent off for NPT on Saturday that the dual situation will be similar to the Summerfield at Histon one? He will probably be here for 3 games to keep up his fitness? If so a huge disappointment as he seemed a bright spark on an otherwise dismal night☹
By the way, what happened to Summerfield??