Luke Massingham

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Luke Massingham

Post by sussexdiamond »

Can it get any worse? The one player we definitely could not afford to lose. At least he hasn't gone to Histon. The new manager whoever it turns out to be has a massive task on his hands.
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Re: Luke Massingham

Post by Curly »

Personally I don't subscribe to the idea that any of the current squad are indispensable. Whilst Luke is a good player and a top lad but for me personally he hasn't been at his best for a while and it's become quite obvious that the travelling has become an issue. I wish him well going forward.

Hopefully this week we'll have a new management team in place and who knows whoever is coming in may not have fancied Luke anyway and would want his own players.

I shall miss Luke and Paul around the club as they're both top men but on a purely footballing basis this isn't a woe is me departure
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Who is Paul.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:54 pm Can it get any worse? The one player we definitely could not afford to lose.
You clearly haven’t seen many games this season…
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Curly wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:03 pm Personally I don't subscribe to the idea that any of the current squad are indispensable. Whilst Luke is a good player and a top lad but for me personally he hasn't been at his best for a while and it's become quite obvious that the travelling has become an issue. I wish him well going forward.

Hopefully this week we'll have a new management team in place and who knows whoever is coming in may not have fancied Luke anyway and would want his own players.

I shall miss Luke and Paul around the club as they're both top men but on a purely footballing basis this isn't a woe is me departure
Totally agree with this. I won’t be shedding too many tears if any of the current squad moved on, bar a couple. I sincerely wish Luke all the best, he has the potential to be a great player for sure.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

YoungDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:23 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:54 pm Can it get any worse? The one player we definitely could not afford to lose.
You are not wrong. Just one, but hope to make this week's game. Obviously other higher clubs consider him worth signing though
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:13 pm Who is Paul.
Clearly Curly still hasnt got over Paul Underwood leaving Yet :biggrin:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

YoungDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:23 pm
To be fair, it is a big blow, Luke is an experienced defender who on his day can be solid, so that in itself is a blow.

The bit that makes the blow bigger is that we have a small squad and we are losing a player without having a replacement signed.

With no disrespect to Northampton Town, we had loans from them last season, players who they highly rated but were average at best in a Diamonds shirt. They were players who will probably become good when they have gotten 2 years of experience under their belts but right now we need experience to replace experience, it's almost unfair to bring young lads into a struggling team as the pressure on them is then more intense and probably damages their development more than it benefits it.

We are bottom of the league and people may think it can't get any worse - but if a bigger gap starts forming between the 3 teams at the bottom of the league it can become much worse.

Unless we sign an experienced replacement defender, I would rate this as a massive blow. (I'm not calling on or demanding the club to throw money around - just stating that this is a big loss)
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

If he is going to whom I suspect, it is a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:29 pm If he is going to whom I suspect, it is a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.
Now confirmed, it's Berkhampstead who lost 9-0 to Coalville on Saturday.