Will Somerfield

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Will Somerfield

Post by sussexdiamond »

Played for Histon today despite red card last week.How is that possible?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Will Somerfield

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Unless he's signed on a dual registration, we're all under the belief that you're meant to wait 28 days before signing another player from the same club
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Suspensions at Step 4 don't apply at Steps 5 and 6, and vice-versa. We benefitted from something similar recently as Dylan Edge has been appearing for Swaffham Town and was recently sent off for them, but still OK to play for.us.

The 28-day rule applies only if we want to enforce it. The agreement is that Will will come.back after his 3-game suspension.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thanks for clarifying that. We need him and Edge as our squad is getting a bit stretched at the moment.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Where was Dylan edge yesterday?
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

According to RD yesterday he could be heading back to Corby. I hope not though, we desperately need a goalscorer.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I really hope not. Think he is a really decent player and would like to keep him.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Dylan notified us a little while ago that he would be unavailable for the games against Sutton Coldfield and Rugby so his absence yesterday was expected.

When Dylan signed for us, it was done as a full transfer rather than a loan, with a gentlemens agreement between Chris Nunn and Gary Setchell that they could 'recall' him at any time and we'd waive the 7 days. We received that 7 day approach on Thursday and waived it, so Corby are now free to speak to Dylan. It's worth mentioning that he isn't duty bound to go back and could opt to stay with us, if he wanted to.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Thanks for the response, really great to get this honest and open response when a question comes in. I hope we can keep him and Dylan sees the opportunity here. Corby will just go and sign more players and maybe he won’t get as much game time as was the previous case. Here he can build on where he is and is a starter each week in my book.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:52 pm Thanks for the response, really great to get this honest and open response when a question comes in. I hope we can keep him and Dylan sees the opportunity here. Corby will just go and sign more players and maybe he won’t get as much game time as was the previous case. Here he can build on where he is and is a starter each week in my book.
Hopefully he sees it that way and not the extra £ to sit in the bench every game.

Stick with us Dylan make yourself a name here . All we
Need is a few others like you and we’ll be rocking