Saturday celebrations!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Saturday celebrations!!

Post by Pigman »

Got to say a big, big thank you and well done to Tom, Michael and Tom for manufacturing that performance yesterday! It was evident that they had instilled a desire in the lads to win and we saw some great individual performances from the guys yesterday, and some great team play! Both were well worked goals.

Big shout out to George Rose too - that save at the death epitomised the mindset of the team yesterday, had they scored and we’d drawn that game we’d all have felt like it was a defeat in a way! That would have been a real kick in the guts!

It’s Sunday morning and I’m still buzzing! I celebrated with a filthy kebab and few beers while watching the rugby, but my mind kept going back to the celebrations at the final whistle and the feel good factor that seemed to get back to Hayden Rd after just 100 minutes of football!

There looked a real togetherness about the boys yesterday and watching them come over to us at the end, hug Ellie and accept the plaudits of the crowd, made me really feel we have turned a corner!

We’ve won nothing yet mind and I am mindful that we’re bottom of the table and a long way from safety - but what I saw yesterday showed me we have a group that can get us out of the mire and lift us up the table. The bar has been set gentlemen - don’t make this the one win wonder bounce that many teams have when a manager leaves.

I want to see those kind of celebrations again, to feel what I’m feeling right now - and I say to the players, bottle up in your stomachs the feeling you had when the ref blew the final whistle and use that to drive you on - you proved yesterday you’re no pushovers, now is the time to kick on!

Coleshill had the look of a side that thought all they needed to do was turn up for the points and the way you started the game knocked them on their heels! That passion, desire and drive is what we fans want to see from you every game now because we know you can do it - and you do too now!

Onwards to Sutton Coldfield - I sadly can’t be there (away games aren’t an option for me at the moment) but I wish I could be to see how you back this up!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Saturday celebrations!!

Post by diamond.diva »

Well said Pigman. That summed up exactly how I was feeling. Absolutely thrilled for everyone, but especially the players. Left Hayden road buzzing !
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Really bought a lump to the throat to see how much it meant to everyone , players and fans
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Agreed, was great to see smiles on faces.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73