Won [ Sat 14th Oct ] v Coleshill Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: [ Sat 14th Oct ] v Coleshill Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by STAGMAN »

Well what a great win and at full time you could see how much it meant to the players. As others have said , great first half and second half we hung on with some rubbish refering decisions as well. Great atmosphere at the De Banke towards and at the end of the game
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Well done everyone!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match interviews with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Update from the Chairman and Vice Chairman with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Was so proud of the lads, they deserved those three points. No doubt a massive weight will have been lifted from their shoulders.
Hopefully the team can push on now, the table looking much better now with Rugby Town and Boldmere losing

It must be a northern premier league thing where players fall over with the slightest touch, and the referee (who was diabolical) fell for it every time.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

That was so good . Especially at ft with the celebrations .
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I wonder if Tom fancies the job. If he applies I would want to wait until after next week's game before making any decisions. Not sure if Harrimans Posh obligations would fit in with managing us,but certainly would want him to retain his coaching and playing roles. Next three games could all yield points and make our position a lot more comfortable.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

How we needed that yesterday, not just for footballing reasons but for the entire club, it was a fantastic afternoon and I can't deny, I felt a bit emotional after final whistle seeing all the players and fans with smiles on their faces, it's been too long!

There were moments in the second half where I did feel like it would be another day of shooting ourselves in the foot, a couple of glorious chances messed up and they were pressing, but we stayed strong and fought and got what we deserved. What really impressed me is how quick and energetic we were from the start today, they clearly weren't expecting it as we were forcing them into all kinds of mistakes, it was impressive and I just hope Will is okay as I thought he was immense when he was on and has really developed since he was last at the club.

On a negative note though, the officials were infuriatingly inconsistent again, probably can have few complaints about the red card as it was a wild challenge (also I thought Summerfield was one of the few players in the team that didn't have a good game today), but those yellow cards we got after the red were absurd, Mukwada had been on only five minutes, he barely touched the opposing player both times yet got a yellow, and then when the same happened to us they didn't even give a foul! Bizarre...

It is nice looking at the table and not seeing that 0 anymore, yes a long way to go, but at least we've finally got going.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match Highlights & interviews from AFCRDTV