Lost [ Sun 8th Oct ] v Cambridge City, KO 2pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sun 8th Oct ] v Cambridge City, KO 2pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews from AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Hate to say it, but how much longer can we allow this go on without a change? We've been over many times how much we like Chris and the job he has done at the club particularly to restore pride in the club last season by turning our fortunes round and to balance the books with the playing budget and how he is not taking a wage, but regardless of that, how many managers would get away with not a single point after 9 games?

Next 4 games are absolutely crucial, 3 of them at home and 3 of them against teams currently in the bottom 7 with us, I would say we need a minimum of 6 points from these games, a big ask for a team with no points, but that's where we're at. Hate that it's come to this because Chris has worked so hard for the club, but we don't want to leave it too late like we did last season, if something isn't working then change has to be made, we can all agree that a second successive relegation is not an option.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Deathly quiet on here tonight. Hardly surprising. Another utterly depressing result.

Amazingly we remain not that far off the teams above us but we cannot continue to lose to the teams around us. As Olly says, a critical period coming up, if we remain winless by the end of the month, I would expect Nunn to resign out of pride if nothing else.

Out of interest, do we currently hold the worst record in English football?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Sounds positive on the player front that some more money is being made available. That is going to help massively. Well done board.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:36 pm Sounds positive on the player front that some more money is being made available. That is going to help massively. Well done board.
Going to have to be used wisely though and let's be honest, who of any real quality is going to want to join us? With this pointless run continuing, we might struggle to hold onto some of our better players like kerins, glennon, Edge. It's common knowledge that offers have been lated down for 3 players recently and I'd imagine some will jump ship. However, i thought that was the best team we've put out so far today. With the defence looking OK, Ben gough has come in at left back and been pretty solid. Best game I'd seen Thomas and summerfield have today and players like Anderson are gaining experience. 2 or maybe 3 signings of players with experience could turn our fortune's around, it would help the younger players massively and give us all a boost after a pretty miserable 15 months.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Why does Goughy always come across like he's steaming and a bit dazed or confused?

I noticed it on the video we released when we signed him back in June so it's not something new.

You hear so much about footballers getting injuries from heading the ball etc but sadly when it comes to the lower echelons of Non League football, players aren't afforded the same consideration.

Olly wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:06 pm Hate that it's come to this because Chris has worked so hard for the club, but we don't want to leave it too late like we did last season, if something isn't working then change has to be made, we can all agree that a second successive relegation is not an option.
I said a while ago that being in the Northern League will probably hamper Chris, hence we see players leaving clubs when they get switched from North to South sections etc.
I still believe that is the case, a month ago when we had almost 2 weeks without a game, Chris mentioned bringing in a player or two for the next game and since then 2 games have come and gone but not a single player has been signed, if we were in the Southern League the chances are we would have signed some of his ex Kempston / Biggleswade players, AFAI he's only managed in the Southern League so his book of contacts isn't going to be brimming with players based in the Northern League catchment area.

He mentioned some money being freed up for players so we will see what happens on that front.

Lots of respect for Chris not saying a bad word about his players though, the lapses in concentration have come from all across the pitch so there isn't really any area to be singled out.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Adrian wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:01 pm Why does Goughy always come across like he's steaming and a bit dazed or confused?

I noticed it on the video we released when we signed him back in June so it's not something new.

You hear so much about footballers getting injuries from heading the ball etc but sadly when it comes to the lower echelons of Non League football, players aren't afforded the same consideration.
I don’t think you meant any disrespect here but I’d probably delete this part of your post.
Lee Tomlin la la la
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Genuine question, why is Chris Nunn given more of a free ride than previous other managers? Peaksy, Burgess and Maxwell were absolutely ridiculed for less. Interested to hear… Peaksy was slated year in year out by a number of fans, even by some of the current board members. Burgess was slated for a number of reasons and rightly so. Some completely boycotted the club, withdrawing all money and support under Maxwell. We’re currently on a 11 straight losing streak and heading towards the UCL rapidly. Why is the outlook different this time?