Lost [ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Two consecutive visits to Loughborough, one in the League, and then cup.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

We stink

Well done to the commentary team, didn't sound like the easiest of days for you guys but you did a professional job as always
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

UCL incoming....
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Of the 6 sides we have lost to 5 of them are in the top 9 ?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Probably one of the most frustrating games I've seen in a long time, how we have come out of that having not scored and lost 3-0 I have no clue, maybe you could say Ethan was unlucky to have got the post and bemoan the referee, but otherwise we only have ourselves to blame, not one, but two clear cut open goal chances wasted and a handful of other decent chances missed as well. Where do we go from here...

The optimist in me says that maybe it's a case of just needing a few things to come together and then we'll start getting results, but 6 games in and we are already in danger of getting cut adrift, 4 points from 3rd bottom and 6 from safety not forgetting the relegation playoff places, so we can't afford to keep this losing streak to go on much longer. I desperately hope Chris can pull it together soon, but if we don't turn it around by October then I'm afraid as much as we like him, we may have no choice to look at his position.

Who'd have thought on that day we were just a goal away from making the step 3 playoffs that less than 18 months later we'd be worrying about relegation back to the UCL...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

I’d rather not comment on the game today as it’s too fresh and I’m sure it’s hurting us all right now. If we are still on 0 points after 10 games, then there will need to be a review on Chris’ position unfortunately. We all know too well that the table does not lie. I’m sorry to say that if we were relegated to UCL football, we probably wouldn’t have a club to support anymore.
Lee Tomlin la la la
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

STAGMAN wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:53 pm Of the 6 sides we have lost to 5 of them are in the top 9 ?
Because they have taken a full 3 points of us.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

rickthediamond wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:24 pm I’d rather not comment on the game today as it’s too fresh and I’m sure it’s hurting us all right now. If we are still on 0 points after 10 games, then there will need to be a review on Chris’ position unfortunately. We all know too well that the table does not lie. I’m sorry to say that if we were relegated to UCL football, we probably wouldn’t have a club to support anymore.
But who could come in and do a better job? We all know the budget Is low, so they wouldnt be able to bring many players in, unless a new guy could attract 6 or 7 decent players but thats highly unlikely. New boss of the quality we require would also want a decent wage, so unless we start getting crowds of 700+ every home game then its not going to happen. Having said that, if this is the team we continue to go with then we're doomed for the drop. This has to be the worst start in the history of the club and i include the other rushden town and irthlingborough diamonds previous set ups.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:35 pm
rickthediamond wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:24 pm I’d rather not comment on the game today as it’s too fresh and I’m sure it’s hurting us all right now. If we are still on 0 points after 10 games, then there will need to be a review on Chris’ position unfortunately. We all know too well that the table does not lie. I’m sorry to say that if we were relegated to UCL football, we probably wouldn’t have a club to support anymore.
But who could come in and do a better job? We all know the budget Is low, so they wouldnt be able to bring many players in, unless a new guy could attract 6 or 7 decent players but thats highly unlikely. New boss of the quality we require would also want a decent wage, so unless we start getting crowds of 700+ every home game then its not going to happen. Having said that, if this is the team we continue to go with then we're doomed for the drop. This has to be the worst start in the history of the club and i include the other rushden town and irthlingborough diamonds previous set ups.
Honestly I don’t know. I really like Chris though and desperately want it to work out.
Lee Tomlin la la la