FA Charges

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

FA Charges

Post by The pressman »

on 2nd May, The FA have charged Dean Snedker with 503 betting offences.

Nathan Hicks has been charged with 2,753 betting offences.

AFCR&D and Jim Burnside have also been charged following the Leiston home game.

Other ex R&D players also charged with betting offences :

Ben Acquaye
Callum Westwood
Greg Kaziboni
Ben Ford

All of the above apart from Sneds have admitted the charges but there is no indication that the offences occurred while playing at AFCR&D.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: FA Charges

Post by sussexdiamond »

How can Westwood be signed by Spalding knowing a suspension is imminent, same applies to Acquah at Banbury.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Typical Media Man, not the full story.

Well the Leiston game was obviously going to the FA Disciplinary committee being as it was a mass confrontation so both teams charged and it seems Jim Burnside has got a solo charge.

Callum Westwood charged in April for 1319 offences over a period 2016-2021
Greg kaziboni charged in April for 12 offences between 2018-2021
Ben Ford charged in April for 466 offences between 2016-2019
Nathan Hicks charged in March for 2751 offences between 2017-2022
Dean Snedker charged in May for 503 offences between 2016-2022

As for Ben Acquaye cant find him in this years FA disciplinary records, the eyes hurt after a while trawling.

I think the most i found was for Roger Lee a ex director of Mickleover 4451 offences over the period 2012-2023

Trawling through i found quite a few betting offences every Month
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

The pressman wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 pm on 2nd May, The FA have charged Dean Snedker with 503 betting offences.

Nathan Hicks has been charged with 2,753 betting offences.

Other ex R&D players also charged with betting offences :

Ben Acquaye
Callum Westwood
Greg Kaziboni
Ben Ford

All of the above apart from Sneds have admitted the charges but there is no indication that the offences occurred while playing at AFCR&D.
Very sad to hear but like I touched on in a previous post, it really is easy to bet on football and do it without getting caught, are they not trying to cover their own tracks? or is it a former friend stabbing them in the back?

With the amount of football players and managers who openly post their horse racing betting slips on Twitter it makes me wonder if the FA have some kind of hit squad they deploy.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

The FA let them bet on anything other than football but who cares if a step 3-4 players bets on Man U at the weekend. Or having an accumulator.

I would be pissed though if our players/management bet on overs (goals) though this season . Though Sneds did always try to keep clean sheets. And btw I am no way saying this about Sneds just giving an example on what players from any team could do.

It does happen, you’d be a fool with inside info to not make a pre game bet on your team or another before the bookies know . Saying that it won’t be long before your account gets limited that way, and then it’s time to choose another friend/family member
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I wonder when any punishments will be announced. In Snedker case it does perhaps explain why he did not move to a higher club last summer knowing at some point he faces a lengthy ban.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

May not get any ban, will he be high profile enough, wont make the mass media so no example to make to others, so punishments may be different at our level of Football.

As i said every month at least a half dozen non league players admitting and disciplined for betting.

Maybe if you have younger eyes and the stamina you could search and trawl through the FA disciplinary records for what sort of bans they do dish out for non league players

Also as you said Spalding United recently just signed Callum Westwood who was charged in April ???
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

You would think that Spalding will have some inkling of what sort of ban etc for Callum Westwood will not be to bad
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'd also guess there will be a review of how relevant the bets might have been. Given that players down to Step 4 now can't even bet on Champions League games or a match in some obscure league in a far flung country, there must be some kind of a review of relevance - the old rules were very much based around such criteria. The current rule is "Participants covered by the ban will be prohibited from betting, either directly or indirectly, on any football match or competition that takes place anywhere in the world."
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:44 am but who cares if a step 3-4 players bets on Man U at the weekend. Or having an accumulator.
The problem I see with that is footballers have a lot friends from the very top of the pyramid to the very bottom, many of them follow each other on the socials too.

Example
Ivan Toney - A current Premier League player - was at Northampton Town from youth until 2015.
Dean Snedker - A Southern League player - was at Northampton Town from youth until 2015.

There is a chance that Snedker and Toney are friends and the two could pass information about each others teams to each other, so if Snedker had placed a bet on Brentford conceding a throw first against Manchester United, Toney could influence it happening.

The two retweeted tweets about each other just last year.

I guess there is a chance that the Toney investigation is what flagged up Snedker as the FA would probably be trying to trace how far back it was when he started gambling, maybe they both started betting while at the Cobblers.

If you were a footballer who made it to the top, you may want to help your less fortunate friends who didn't make it to the top, especially when you see how Non League footballers have to get full time jobs to survive etc.

The above is just an example, I'm not accusing anyone.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎