Very poor show from Tamworth

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Very poor show from Tamworth

Post by sussexdiamond »

Tamworth have this afternoon pulled out of tomorrow's Champions match v Weston S M. They claim they don't have enough players!! Strange they had a full squad last Saturday. They should receive heavy fine as this game has been on the calendar since last July. lso Liam Dolman not staying with them?
Cotty

Re: Very poor show from Tamworth

Post by Cotty »

if that is the case get him back as soon as possible!
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I don't think the FA have ratified the Leagues for 2023-2024 yet, so deduct a point from Tamworth for failing to fulfill a fixture.

Simples

I wonder how many of the Squad that got him promoted will be dumped for players with more Level 2 Experience, depends of course how deep the pockets are of the Owner, he has achieved his first objective of getting back to the National League i don't think he will be willing to have a season
of fighting to stay up, so even Peaksy job may be under pressure.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Nothing more than a glorified friendly.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I suppose they would have conceded the play off final had they not won title last week. 😅😂. I agree it is a bit meaningless just like World Cup third place games but to cancel less than 24 hours before match is disrespectful to Weston and the League.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Biggles wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:38 am I don't think the FA have ratified the Leagues for 2023-2024 yet, so deduct a point from Tamworth for failing to fulfill a fixture.

Simples

I wonder how many of the Squad that got him promoted will be dumped for players with more Level 2 Experience, depends of course how deep the pockets are of the Owner, he has achieved his first objective of getting back to the National League i don't think he will be willing to have a season
of fighting to stay up, so even Peaksy job may be under pressure.
Exactly the same thing happened last season to the Central league winners, always appears to be the team who has to travel who suddenly have the problems. I get that to many it's a fairly meaningless game at the end of a long season but I'm sure if sanctions started being imposed it may get played more often, It's 1 hell of a shield they could have won stands about 5'0" tall!! and pulling out of any fixture the day before given WSM would have by then got food and drink stocks in that they will struggle to use should IMO result in a heavy fine, as pointed out everyone starts the season knowing if they win the league they are expected to take part in this fixture. Had results gone differently last Saturday and Tamworth were competing in the playoff final Monday having played an extra game on Wednesday would they have managed to fulfil that match!!
I'm sure given where they were when he took over and what he's achieved in 15 months Peaksy has a element of job security, though having watched National North for a season with 1/3 of the league being full time and many Clubs having ridiculous budgets and squad sizes I would think Andy will have to make a fair few changes, it won't be a case of dumping players, more likely they would be unable to commit to the time and travel coupled with some probably just not being good enough to make the large step up.