Tomlin deal is finalised.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Blaenrhondda Diamond

Tomlin deal is finalised.

Post by Blaenrhondda Diamond »

Hi,

Normally I have no interest in these boards, due to the abuse hurled around. I am though interested in the Tomlin debate, as my father works on the local paper in Peterborough, and I can tell you the deal is done.
Nothing will be announced until after NYD as Rushden have insisted he plays on Friday, before joining Peterborough on the Monday.
Ridicule me if you so wish, I just thought you might like to know what the full story is.
ID

Re: Tomlin deal is finalised.

Post by ID »

While obviously this should be taken with a pinch of salt (it being your first post) it does sound realistic. If it's true I'm glad he's at least staying on for the Oxford game. Hopefully we will get the six-figure fee that he deserves and we need.

As for the forum, you should post more... we're all pussy cats, really ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Steve

Post by Steve »

Irish Diamond wrote:While obviously this should be taken with a pinch of salt (it being your first post) it does sound realistic. If it's true I'm glad he's at least staying on for the Oxford game. Hopefully we will get the six-figure fee that he deserves and we need.
I agree with all this - would have been nice to have him on the 16th too. I'm not convinced by this but I think we all know it's coming
Pie in the Sky

Post by Pie in the Sky »

Hello, Kiddy fan here.. Assuming he does go, I bloody wish we'd played you in Feb instead!!!! Class act that Tomlin. That is not to detract from the rest of your side, which is very decent indeed. Spend the Tomlin money wisely and you'll probably nick the last playoff place ;)
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Say it ain't so Ma! :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Blaenrhondda Diamond wrote:Hi,

Normally I have no interest in these boards, due to the abuse hurled around. I am though interested in the Tomlin debate, as my father works on the local paper in Peterborough, and I can tell you the deal is done.
Nothing will be announced until after NYD as Rushden have insisted he plays on Friday, before joining Peterborough on the Monday.
Ridicule me if you so wish, I just thought you might like to know what the full story is.
Thanks for your info and input. There really isn't much abuse at all on this board so feel free to continue posting, you'd be made most welcome. Any idea of the exact fee involved ?
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Whilst it does seem likely, that doesnt explain why Keith Cousins said yesterday that he needed to know if Peterborough were still interested.

I also think that is a rubbish move for the boy. Palace or Sheff Utd would have been so much better. Peterborough have (in my opinion) a poor manager who isn't going to develop him at all, he'll be bypassed.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

firstly welcome to the board Blaenrhondda Diamond ,as for where tomlin is going i think we should all wait for the offical announcement from the club before waving tommo off .
i have to agree with bartonrez i would have preferred palace or sheff utd as i think that would be more beneficial to tommo than a club but aslong as we get the big 6 figures im happy as im sure everyone else would be to, but on a positive note tommo is not the only talent in the world and with the new money and a good keen eye we might pick up some more raw talent
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

My very reliable contact tells me that while there is a lot of speculation regarding a possible move for Tomlin, no official offer has been received by the Club........yet. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

I thought Palace had no money and couldn't sign players, unless that's gone now.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P