[ NEW MANAGER ] Chris Nunn

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
nsman

Re: [ NEW MANAGER ] Chris Nunn

Post by nsman »

The Diamonds lottery is a really great way to help the club and I think it even makes sense for non Diamonds fans as an alternative to doing the National lottery. To win a worthwhile prize of about £1500, like the recent quarterly draw winner, would be about 144,000 to 1* in the National lottery, but in the Diamonds lottery there is only a couple of hundred tickets in the hat. I like those chances. Ok you can't win millions, but who ever does?

*Wikipedia
Ricky330
Has Liked: 306 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Re: TODAY @ 10AM [ NEW MANAGER ]

Post by Ricky330 »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Formic wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:50 pm Excellent news!

He gives a very good interview too - perhaps the Lottery might get a boost now people realise their money will be spent wisely.
(it would be good to have advice on how to increase a monthly stake).

There's a good report on his initial spell at Biggleswade Town, including how he took them from the Spartan South Midlands League to Step 3, as well as to the First Round Proper of the FA Cup here - https://www.thecomet.net/sport/22375791 ... -12-years/
Formic - I think you just register for a second entry effectively, but I'm not 100% sure. If you (and anyone else) would like to do this or have any questions, please email lottery@afc-diamonds.com.

Thanks to all for their positive responses to this appointment. It appears like there is almost unanimous approval and I do hope this can be a defining moment in bringing us all back together after an extremely difficult first few months of the season.

As many have alluded to on here, the club needs as much £ as possible, as quickly as possible. There are plenty of ways you can do this such as the lottery etc, but the thing I'd like most of all is for each of us to bring someone who supported the club in the past but has drifted away, to an upcoming game. Let's pack Hayden Road on 2nd Jan regardless of the outcome on Boxing Day and start as we mean to go on.

Thanks to Pressman for his sponsorship of Chris Nunn! There are still loads of players yet to be sponsored, if you are interested please let me know. Prices start from £50 +VAT.
"£8 on the gate" for the Ives game?? Help attract a bumper crowd??
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:38 am
BartonRaz wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Formic wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:50 pm Excellent news!

He gives a very good interview too - perhaps the Lottery might get a boost now people realise their money will be spent wisely.
(it would be good to have advice on how to increase a monthly stake).

There's a good report on his initial spell at Biggleswade Town, including how he took them from the Spartan South Midlands League to Step 3, as well as to the First Round Proper of the FA Cup here - https://www.thecomet.net/sport/22375791 ... -12-years/
Formic - I think you just register for a second entry effectively, but I'm not 100% sure. If you (and anyone else) would like to do this or have any questions, please email lottery@afc-diamonds.com.

Thanks to all for their positive responses to this appointment. It appears like there is almost unanimous approval and I do hope this can be a defining moment in bringing us all back together after an extremely difficult first few months of the season.

As many have alluded to on here, the club needs as much £ as possible, as quickly as possible. There are plenty of ways you can do this such as the lottery etc, but the thing I'd like most of all is for each of us to bring someone who supported the club in the past but has drifted away, to an upcoming game. Let's pack Hayden Road on 2nd Jan regardless of the outcome on Boxing Day and start as we mean to go on.

Thanks to Pressman for his sponsorship of Chris Nunn! There are still loads of players yet to be sponsored, if you are interested please let me know. Prices start from £50 +VAT.
"£8 on the gate" for the Ives game?? Help attract a bumper crowd??
This is a really hard one as the club is in no position to be offering discounts really, but there is an argument you need to speculate to accumulate. I think if it does happen it's one for another day, rather than what's (probably) going to be our biggest crowd for the rest of the season besides perhaps the Community Day which we are hoping to run again this year.

Or the final home game of the season when we need to win to stay up. :hehe:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Lawman »

smoky
Post Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Time for some positive comments on this forum now after all the toxic thoughts that have been floated on here over the last months. A new manager is a great start and with the right support who knows what we may achieve, it's definitely a pull together time whatever the result

Completely agree the toxic thoughts need to change to the positive and support going forward. The sweeping statement 'Old Board' in itself is an inaccurate statement.
The decision to appoint both Burge and Maxwell were different board members. The Maxwell appointment was made from a board that consisted of two board members standing down, one being the long serving chairman and two other members not being co-opted.
We also need to bare in mind that one elected board member stood down soon after the Maxwell appointment and a co-opted member followed later.
The current board still consists of three of the board members (Elected or Co-opted) who were involved when Burge was appointed and those same members plus one other were involved when Maxwell was appointed. It is a bit disingenuous making these statements and the hence the toxic culture which can only lead members and fans to be reluctant to volunteer and provide financial support to the club.
Finally I wish Chris Nunn all the best in his quest to turn round our fortunes on the pitch.
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

I thought that the previous board members were staying on to oversee the new joiners and then step down at the end of the season.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

therushden wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:27 pm I thought that the previous board members were staying on to oversee the new joiners and then step down at the end of the season.
Not strictly true. 6 are new (1 co-opted) although 1 was on the board as a co-opted member previously, but now elected. 3 remain on the board from before the EGM although 1 of those has announced they are stepping down at the end of the season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Deryck
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Deryck »

What's all this positivity talk about? New manager has been in for over a day and still no new signings announced. Manager is obviously all talk. Needs punted. [/sarcasm]
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 506
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

As someone who has posted some "toxic", negative stuff on here over the last few months, mainly regarding he who shall not be named- I wont apologise, as at the time it was the right things to be saying. And I won't apologise for falling out of love with all thing AFCR&D for a while as a direct result of that idiot being in charge.

However I was really looking forward to the Needham game the other week, with a renewed sense of optimism and a feeling that despite our league position a cloud had been lifted from over the club, after the sacking and removal from the whole club of the previous "manager".

Do I think we'll survive? Hand on heart at this time, no. Do I now think we have given ourselves a fighting chance with Chris at the helm, of course. And going forward whatever league we are in this time next year, the feel good factor around the club will certainly be back I'm sure.

There's been a string of positive news coming out the club recently. New board members, new manager, new sponsors and the overall communication between club and fan base has improved ten fold. The club feels likes its in good hands, despite the off field and on field issues. I think we are now in a far better place to ride these out now than we were 3 weeks ago.

So a thank you goes to all the guys involved in hitting the reset button over the last few weeks and acting so quickly to get things on and off the pitch ironed out.

I can't make the game on Boxing Day, but I hope all that do go, see us play well and hopefully the extra bonus of some points in the bag to kick start this new era.

Good luck to Chris and the side. COYW! (or Y)
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »