Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

The pressman wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 pm First of all I've been told that Jesse Akubuine has left the club! More are unhappy.
If this is true and down to purely football reasons at our club it’s a disgrace. We should be building a team to support our current players. WTF is happening.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

The pressman wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 pm First of all I've been told that Jesse Akubuine has left the club! More are unhappy.

Just for the record Andy Peaks has a Uefa B coaching badge.

Its absolutely ridiculous that Maxwell was appointed as manager in the first place. I repeat my earlier questions
1. Why was Maxwell allowed to put in a late application/
2. Why was Maxwell allowed to make a presentation on the evening of the vote to 7 board directors when the other applicants only saw 3 directors.
3. Did the board/interviewing panel stipulate that the new manager must have or was working towards a Uefa B coaching cert?
4. At the EGM, will the members get the chance to vote on the boards decision to appoint Maxwell? ie to get rid of him?

Obviously, board members are free to vote for whoever they want to but I have to say that i am speechless that anybody let alone 4 directors voted for Maxwell! Its also incredible that not one director voted against Maxwell in either of the first 2 rounds and yet 4 out of the 7 voted against Chris Nunn in round 1!!!

Could this be that Maxwell had the job sewn up before a single vote was cast!
Maxwell said something interesting in his interview around the new signing. Something like “we have been watching him for a while”. A while!!! He had only been manager 10 days. Is this just a slip of the tongue or has this been a plan for quite a while!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Its absolutely ridiculous that Maxwell was appointed as manager in the first place. I repeat my earlier questions
2. Why was Maxwell allowed to make a presentation on the evening of the vote to 7 board directors when the other applicants only saw 3 directors.
3. Did the board/interviewing panel stipulate that the new manager must have or was working towards a Uefa B coaching cert?
4. At the EGM, will the members get the chance to vote on the boards decision to appoint Maxwell? ie to get rid of him?

Obviously, board members are free to vote for whoever they want to but I have to say that i am speechless that anybody let alone 4 directors voted for Maxwell! Its also incredible that not one director voted against Maxwell in either of the first 2 rounds and yet 4 out of the 7 voted against Chris Nunn in round 1!!!

1-3 are fair questions, particularly number 2, but they're not likely to get answered on here are they. You might have more luck on the member's forum or at the EGM, however I'm not sure they could do anything but hold their hands up on that particular point.

Question 4 I don't think is a decision for the masses. It's not a kit vote. The incoming board will have to sort that one out pretty much immediately.

Bad news about Jesse if true. One of the only players with genuine Step 3 experience and he always comes across so well. No real surprise though, it must be a slap in the face for him for U23 players to be picked ahead of him in his position.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If Maxwells new signing this week is who I think it is then he scored for his club today, don't worry its not Snelus.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

There is a 7 day approach in for an attacking midfielder in Step 4 but I will be very surprised if he comes to us.

Don't forget players talk, Managers talk and word gets around!!! Nobody will have heard of Maxwell and having only managed at Step 7 he wont have many contacts.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:50 pm If Maxwells new signing this week is who I think it is then he scored for his club today, don't worry its not Snelus.
Bowen?
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:09 pm

Maxwell said something interesting in his interview around the new signing. Something like “we have been watching him for a while”. A while!!! He had only been manager 10 days. Is this just a slip of the tongue or has this been a plan for quite a while!
He Probaly has........ For his u23s.

If true about Jesse then another kick in the teeth!! This is so bad to see.
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

I assumed Jesse had walked last Saturday! He was named on the bench against Redditch but was no where to be seen. I’m guessing he turned up, saw U23 players starting ahead of him and left, and who can blame him? He should be one of the first names on the team sheet with this squad.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

ChappoC wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:11 pm
Gotta love a conspiracy theory.

What about this one, perhaps someone has been wasting club money and we can't actually afford a new manager? so they had to take the cheapest option and appoint a board member who would also keep financial issues confidential. Perhaps that is why Burge's signings seemed to keep coming from leagues?. Was it just a silly appointment? or are there any non football related reasons behind it?
I think some of it is correct, i do not think anybody has wasted money its just that costs for everything has jumped around 30% since the playing Budget was set so yes Richard Maxwell is indeed the cheap option and would no doubt keep us within budget for the rest of the season.

Any New manager may well be expecting a fairly good budget but i don't think the Club has the money.

Remember we as a club decided not to increase gate prices which has rebounded on us as prices are still increasing, the new board no doubt will have to grapple with inflation pressures.

One suggestion is that the lottery prize is reduced in size and just have a monthly draw and drop the other so that gives whatever manager we have does get a bit more money.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham report, based on afcrdtv’s interview with Richard Maxwell.