[ Fri 29th Jul ] v Luton Town, KO 7pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Fri 29th Jul ] v Luton Town, KO 7pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Note: Early 7pm Kick Off

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Fri 29th Jul ] v Luton Town, KO 7pm PSF HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Great idea to kick off at 7pm. It means I can see the final 90 minutes of Neighbours at 9pm.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: TONIGHT! [ Fri 29th Jul ] v Luton Town, KO 7pm PSF HOME

Post by Olly »

0-6...

Could understand if it was against their first team, but obviously they're all playing tomorrow. I'm sure they're very talented, but we are supposed to be a senior side, was it as bad as the scoreline suggests? As Jon Dunham on twitter says, certainly not the ideal final prep for the kickoff next week.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

What a load of Trollop, we’ve had the chip shop treatment again. Is it April 1st already.
Didnt that Biggleswade draw to these? How’s they do last year? Hope vests have good resale.
Any tripe pedellers come on here thinking playing 8/9 youth players plus in a starting lineup will work this year, need to have a cold hard look. The league is tough and requires experience, when has a team with this many young players ever done well in the league?
And nonsense about using this as a way to sell players off. Fairy land.how many players have we sold? Players will just leave for free and afraid to say the top ones have been harvested at a younger age.
Squad looks cobbled together this year.
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Olly wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:31 pm 0-6...

Could understand if it was against their first team, but obviously they're all playing tomorrow. I'm sure they're very talented, but we are supposed to be a senior side, was it as bad as the scoreline suggests? As Jon Dunham on twitter says, certainly not the ideal final prep for the kickoff next week.
It was absolutely awful. Our two shots all game was a side foot pass to the keeper and a long range strike at the keeper which ended up being the last kick of the match.

The average age of our mens SENIOR squad is just below 22. No one else in the league comes close. I’ve chosen a few teams for example; Tamworth 26.8, Leiston 26.7, Nuneaton 27.9, St Ives 25.4, Stratford 26…. We lack serious experience and it should of been dealt with before the season starts. Not when the mythical tree of quality players from higher up trickle down 3 weeks in because it doesn’t happen. And it didn’t happen last season when we sucked the first 10 games.

With the players gone from least season we have lost 33 out of the 57 we scored. That’s almost 60%… gone. We’ve lost our threat from set pieces. We’ve lost our top scorer. And what have we replaced them with??? A back line with the avg age of 20. Two 18 year old strikers. And an unfinished midfield.

I’ve never seen us look so bad right before a season opener. Where are Andy Burgess’s contacts?? This must of been a big selling point for him to get the job and we have seen nothing of it. He spent the whole second half sat on the bench looking bewildered.

I look forward to hearing him say how he’s “learnt a lot about the players” in his interview. So have I this pre season, they’re in the most part but not all just not good enough.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:47 pm What a load of Trollop, we’ve had the chip shop treatment again. Is it April 1st already.
Didnt that Biggleswade draw to these? How’s they do last year? Hope vests have good resale.
Any tripe pedellers come on here thinking playing 8/9 youth players plus in a starting lineup will work this year, need to have a cold hard look. The league is tough and requires experience, when has a team with this many young players ever done well in the league?
And nonsense about using this as a way to sell players off. Fairy land.how many players have we sold? Players will just leave for free and afraid to say the top ones have been harvested at a younger age.
Squad looks cobbled together this year.
You win nothing with kids
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

That was a hard watch. Not sure if we gained anything from it. It is ok playing bigger teams but I think PSF would be better against teams around our standard.

We need some experience in the team, down the spine.
Tideishigh

Post by Tideishigh »

We’ve played teams lower then us in the step grading & part from a victory v Daventry we didn’t win any others against kempston,Stamford,Loughborough,cogenhoe,cobblers kids.As much as I want burge to succeed whoever give him this contract could cost us money.Burge needs some non league experience in his backroom staff who knows the levels.Fingers crossed it comes together next Saturday
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If we have not yet agreed to the loan of the Cobblers duo maybe we can change them for two from Luton.