Next Season - Central League Premier

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Next Season - Central League Premier

Post by Olly »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we know the official name of the league we'll be in yet? But we do know that it will be part of the Southern League don't we? So I'm guessing something like the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Central Division.

Whatever it's called, can't wait to get started in it, it will be a new experience for the club, playing some quite well established non league teams with actual fanbases, a few more away fans and probably not the best supported club for once either. Better grounds too, St Neots, Hednesford, Tamworth all very decent grounds and most teams seem to have a good amount of terracing which is nice too, excited for August!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

A couple of possible amendments;

Leiston are in the play offs to make Step 2 so would not be in our division if they win play offs and Evesham are in the SL West play offs so would be in our division if they won the play offs.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Southern League twitter feed congratulated us on our promotion to Southern League Premier. :hmmm:

I hope not!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

That's nothing. Today's programme gave Gyasi 214goals this season!!!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

The final line up of our opponents for next season is still some way from being decided.

The play off contenders have now been decided and there are several changes that could happen to that original projected list.
We could have in our division either Bedworth OR Stamford plus Evesham and Cambridge City.
And it is still possible for Leiston to move up to Step 2.
Maybe NEITHER of Kings Lynn NOR K*ttering :hmmm: will be promoted.
If Grantham are not promoted they too come into the equation.

And there is still a question mark over the future of Lowestoft

That's a possible eight changes.If any of those scenario's come about I wonder who would drop out of the projected list.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Trek wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:17 pm Southern League twitter feed congratulated us on our promotion to Southern League Premier. :hmmm:

I hope not!
As the new division is to be administered by the Southern League it could yet have a name such as Southern League Central Premier!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sid wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:01 pm
As the new division is to be administered by the Southern League it could yet have a name such as Southern League Central Premier!
Yes I realise that they will be the administrators of the new ‘Central’ Division and perhaps the tweeter did not mean to infer in their short post that we would be placed in the existing Premier League as geographically that would make a nonsense of the proposed restructuring.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

What about the 'Ground Grading' side of things? Will Hayden Road need to be improved even more?
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The Godfather wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:54 pm What about the 'Ground Grading' side of things? Will Hayden Road need to be improved even more?
We will need 250 seats. I'm not sure whether we have that at present (doubt it) but as we know a steering committee has been set-up to attempt to bring the main stand back in to use, so I guess that this is how we intend to tackle that situation.

Looking at the document, which is available on the FA's website, it mentions that capacity needs to be at least 1,950 for Step 3, with potential to reach a capacity of 3,000 should it be required (for Step 2). I imagine we could cram 1,950 in to HR somehow but 3,000?!

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/playe ... nd-grading - It's Grade C that you'd want to look at.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:07 pm
The Godfather wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:54 pm What about the 'Ground Grading' side of things? Will Hayden Road need to be improved even more?
We will need 250 seats. I'm not sure whether we have that at present (doubt it) but as we know a steering committee has been set-up to attempt to bring the main stand back in to use, so I guess that this is how we intend to tackle that situation.

Looking at the document, which is available on the FA's website, it mentions that capacity needs to be at least 1,950 for Step 3, with potential to reach a capacity of 3,000 should it be required (for Step 2). I imagine we could cram 1,950 in to HR somehow but 3,000?!

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/playe ... nd-grading - It's Grade C that you'd want to look at.
Quite an interesting read. I see it says we will need 3 entrances/turnstiles. I think we only have 2 at the moment?
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."