[ Tue 11th Apr ] v Stocksbrdge Park Steels, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tue 11th Apr ] v Stocksbrdge Park Steels, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Supporters pay their money so are entitled to their own opinions . I thought we tried hard but lacked the quality to create good chances, Stocksbridge crossing was better quality than ours. Now is not the time to change the management, and I did hear the 12th man get behind the team last night.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Three of Diamonds wrote:Supporters pay their money so are entitled to their own opinions . I thought we tried hard but lacked the quality to create good chances, Stocksbridge crossing was better quality than ours. Now is not the time to change the management, and I did hear the 12th man get behind the team last night.
Agree with most of your comments but I DO think we have the quality in our side to be better than this. Watching Stocksbridge play in the first half yesterday was a joy, they passed the ball around very well with confidence and conviction and created openings for themselves repeatedly. We on the other hand blasted the ball in the vague direction of Nabil at any given opportunity and when he was able to hold it up we weren't quick enough to provide support to him. It's an issue with the way we play.

For a long time this season we didn't have the players to meet our aims IMO. We could all see that in pre-season when plenty of us raised concerns on here about the recruitment. Since we've brought in the likes of Farrell, Quigley, Bowen, Richards and Westwood I don't think we can blame a lack of quality anymore, albeit we are lacking in a particular area.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

corby diamond wrote:
I just don't see what promotion would bring? Higher crowds yes but the current state of the squad surely more chance of a relegation dog fight to stay up??
So I take it you'll be at the D&D on Saturday with a Newcastle shirt on then? :drinks:
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
corby diamond wrote:
I just don't see what promotion would bring? Higher crowds yes but the current state of the squad surely more chance of a relegation dog fight to stay up??
So I take it you'll be at the D&D on Saturday with a Newcastle shirt on then? :drinks:
I take it you will be there week in week out next season then should (and I only mean should) the results be poor and it's a mid table finish??

I ain't saying this is the league to settle in.......to be honest I can't be arsed in keep repeating myself.. promotion great, staying at this level to compose, regroup and rethink I'll be equally happy..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
ivor

Post by ivor »

As a " troll" who has been to more games than Brad Harris ,and uses my real name, durrrrrrrrh, I wonder if there is mileage in a settled squad of twentyish players might help eg Witton.The last three seasons AP has used Forty plus players, the squad looks like a pikey camp,many 'visiting players' must feel used and abused.Yet with those numbers no right back til recently,Dolman has had to carry injury for ages. A bit left field I know, but how about a manageable squad of players paid by the savings of smaller head count, who get to know each other and know they will get a look in.There must be a feeling amongst anybody within a thirty mile radius of the D and D , who has a pair of boots that in buggins turn, they will get an AFC cap.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

corby diamond wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
corby diamond wrote:
I take it you will be there week in week out next season then should (and I only mean should) the results be poor and it's a mid table finish??

I ain't saying this is the league to settle in.......to be honest I can't be arsed in keep repeating myself.. promotion great, staying at this level to compose, regroup and rethink I'll be equally happy..
No one goes to watch their football team play hoping they lose, nor does anyone start the season hoping their football team don't get promoted, so stop kidding yourself and get behind the boys for these huge games.

As for your question, I'd rather watch Southern League Prem.