[ Sat 25th Feb ] v Basford Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Re: [ Sat 25th Feb ] v Basford Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S AWAY

Post by Curly »

sussexdiamond wrote:The foul on Lewis Leslie when he was clear in the area and pushed over by a far heavier challenge than that by Dolman v Spalding.

just looked at Sutton Coldfield s home record who groundshare with Romulus, they too clearly don't take advantage of the 3G.
I honestly can't remember that moment. Unless it was the one on the right of the area in which case it was a nothing challenge.

Sutton are struggling quite badly and could well be having a ground share derby with Romulus if they're not careful.

Havin seen our games at Hendon, romulus and basford I can honestly say that I don't like football on the 3g, wether that has anything to do with our results in those games I don't know
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Curly wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote:The foul on Lewis Leslie when he was clear in the area and pushed over by a far heavier challenge than that by Dolman v Spalding.

just looked at Sutton Coldfield s home record who groundshare with Romulus, they too clearly don't take advantage of the 3G.
I honestly can't remember that moment. Unless it was the one on the right of the area in which case it was a nothing challenge.

Sutton are struggling quite badly and could well be having a ground share derby with Romulus if they're not careful.

Havin seen our games at Hendon, romulus and basford I can honestly say that I don't like football on the 3g, wether that has anything to do with our results in those games I don't know
I agree with you on that. The 3G is dreadful but here to stay.

Read the match report regarding the penalty
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The 3G surfaces should always be an advantage to the home side. There seems to be a wide variance in the differing surfaces so although we train on one it's hardly going to replicate pitches at Hendon, Bedworth, Romulus or Basford.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

ParcelFace wrote:Reality is, we've looked poor for over a year now. This season we've been caught out on our weaknesses so many times and, as proven yesterday, done absolutely nothing about it. We still haven't replaced Nic Evangelinos or even Shawn Richards yet! Poor squad management really. The coaching squad also seems very hesitant to make any changes - anyone could see we needed more than just a personnel change yesterday after just 15 minutes but they left it until 60/70ish minutes to make 3 like-for-like substitutions when it was too late to do anything. The unbeaten run definitely covered over a few obvious flaws in our game that just haven't been sorted out yet.

It's because we in a much tougher league, this league is much tougher. Where as last season in the Southern Central league we would have gotten away with it, this season we don't, last season we won 14 games at home this season we've won 4 games at home, which speaks words in it self.
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

sandringhamdiamond wrote:I agree, I think promotion this season will be a season too early, I'm hoping to be at Hayden Road next season in the SLD1C so we can get Hayden Road up to step 3 standards while we are there so the crowds can fund this. However I do think that the on the pitch issues still need to be accessed.

The Question that needs to be asked is, would the majority of fans back the current management to secure promotion to step 3 next season at Hayden Road?

I think the worse case scenario for us, would be for us to be stuck in this league next season, which means less chance of us to enable us to grow as a club (progress)

The Northern South league looks tougher/much tougher next season. With Corby Town, Ilkeston, Sutton Coldfield, Peterborough Sports in it.

Southern Central league suits are style of football much better, either promotion to the Southern Premier league, or for us to go back into the Southern Central league would be best for us next season. At Hayden Road. We will need to get Hayden Road up to step 3 standard no matter what.

Prefer to be in Southern Premier league next season, if we don't get promoted then much prefer to be in Southern Central league next season, (then this league) so we could do a Royston in the Southern Central league (who we beat in the play offs) which would increase are gates at Hayden Road.

Or we struggle to get into the play offs, maybe the board could do something about this.
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

Trek wrote:
Curly wrote:That isn't to say that I think promotion has to come asap but we have to challenge for it every season at this level I believe. I actually agree that we would be best served by staying down for at least another season as the clubs the league above are a massive step up to what we face now, that doesn't mean that I want to be watching dross though.
Agree entirely with that. With the impending move to Hayden Road we need to be in and around the playoffs and I would expect us to play in the SLC1 next season. It is imperative that we are more successful at home, since that's where performances on the green stuff are more important and affect our finances and ensure that we we continue to build on the 450 odd fan base that regularly watch our club in Wellingborough. Unfortunately, those that watch mostly our home matches have been very much 'short changed' with the quality of football and overall performance from our team over the last 12 months since that impressive win against St Ives Town last February.

I agree I hope we play in the Southern Central league next season, than this league, Southern Central league suits us better, better chance to do well, progress are club, increase our attendances. 4 wins at home this season to compared to 14 wins at home last season, speaks for it self.

Much more chances of us winning more games at home in the Southern Central league, than this tough league, which means more chances of our attendances increasing. Maybe board do something.

Worse case scenario is for us to stay in this league next season.
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

mikerd wrote:
Trek wrote:
Curly wrote:That isn't to say that I think promotion has to come asap but we have to challenge for it every season at this level I believe. I actually agree that we would be best served by staying down for at least another season as the clubs the league above are a massive step up to what we face now, that doesn't mean that I want to be watching dross though.
Agree entirely with that. With the impending move to Hayden Road we need to be in and around the playoffs and I would expect us to play in the SLC1 next season. It is imperative that we are more successful at home, since that's where performances on the green stuff are more important and affect our finances and ensure that we we continue to build on the 450 odd fan base that regularly watch our club in Wellingborough. Unfortunately, those that watch mostly our home matches have been very much 'short changed' with the quality of football and overall performance from our team over the last 12 months since that impressive win against St Ives Town last February.

I agree I hope we play in the Southern Central league next season, than this league, Southern Central league suits us better, better chance to do well, progress are club, increase our attendances. 4 wins at home this season to compared to 14 wins at home last season, speaks for it self.

Much more chances of us winning more games at home in the Southern Central league, than this tough league, which means more chances of our attendances increasing. Maybe board do something.

Worse case scenario is for us to stay in this league next season.
I don't think that our poor home form has much to do with the division we're in this season, I do however agree that it would be better for us to be back in the southern central division as next seasons northern league looks tough.