Rushden Town Colours

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Rushden Town Colours

Post by bozzer »

Anyone know (or better still have a colour picture) what colours Rushden Town played in, i can only find old black and white pictures. I think it was green body with white sleeves, but could do with confirmation.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Re: Rushden Town Colours

Post by Curly »

Rushden definitely played in green and white in the 1970s but in the late 80s wore an all red strip. I don't have any photos confirming this though
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I'd have said red with a white trim as well.
diamondphil

Post by diamondphil »

When i was a lad attending Hayden Road in the late 80's early 90's the Rushden Home strip was Red with white flashes.
I rmember a Blue and Yellow away kit also.

Rushden Rangers used to play in Green & Red back in the day
I feel sorry for people who don't drink................when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Traditional colour must be Red - nickname 'Russians'. The Red was featured in RDFC colours and the Blue represented Irthlingborough.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Yes all red with a white trim - at least it was from about 86 to 92.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

When i first attended in the mid to late 60,s the first team were Green and white and the reserves Blue and White
Trek

Post by Trek »

STAGMAN wrote:When i first attended in the mid to late 60,s the first team were Green and white and the reserves Blue and White
Yes Tony, when they won the UCL Divison 1 in 1963-4 their colours were green and white.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote:Traditional colour must be Red - nickname 'Russians'. The Red was featured in RDFC colours and the Blue represented Irthlingborough.
Well not JUST the blue. The Diamonds were blue and red on the badge and I remember a lovely red and blue striped kit like Barca. I also remember a white kit which was Diamonds original colours (cos white shirts were cheaper than coloured ones) with a Diamond stitched on.
I only remember the Russians playing in red but I think the green and white is quite traditional so the nickname probably comes from the name rather than the colours (Rush-den ; Russians).
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek

Post by Trek »

The original Irthlingborough Diamonds crest certainly had blue diamonds on a red background, but when the RDFC crest was designed it incorporated a red rampant lion and red and white hoops in homage to Rushden Town whilst Irthlingborough Diamonds were represented by blue diamonds on a white background and the cross keys of St Peters Church so broadly red represents Rushden and blue represents Irthlingborough both on a white background. This carries on in AFCRD's club crest.