[ Sat 10th Dec ] v Lincoln Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 10th Dec ] v Lincoln Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Dec ] v Lincoln Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

The Fixture secretarys crystal ball was spot on. Witton Albion beat Boston 4-2 last night so progress in Trophy. Good luck to them, the more games they have to play the better for everyone else.

Now all she/he has to do is rearrange our away game at Lincoln for Saturday 7th Jan.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

This is going to be a really tough match today. Lincolns only defeat in last 11 games was at Kidderminster in the Trophy.
Our unbeaten run is going to be really tested in the next few weeks.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Well it seems Lincoln have become the team we can't beat. We never really looked like we were capable of winning it even when we did have a man advantage. The home form just isn't happening . I thought Brad was just daft to go for the ball for his second yellow, there was no need at that stage to panic.
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

So that's 15 points we've dropped at home this season - the same as we did in the entirety of the last campaign. We are now one of the three teams who've only managed two wins at home all season.

Having signed Ben Farrell I thought we'd be in a position to change things when they were going so wrong in central midfield - but instead he has to spend 90 minutes on the bench watching us get dominated in that area. Quite why Newman was brought on for our top striker Shariff when we had a chance to go on and win the game was a mystery to me.

No complaints about the ref - performances on and off the pitch from the Diamonds players and management were the reason we were only able to scrape yet another draw at home.

A miserable day all around.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Not the worst performance from us, but we just aren't performing at home for whatever reason. Our management team need to work out why this is happening.

Agree with Formic, no complaints from me about the officials! (Surprise, Surprise!) :cheesy:

I don't like to slag our management off, but I decided to stand near the dugouts today, and whilst the away management were shouting encouragement to their players, what were our management doing? Nothing! I honestly can't remember hearing them!

Overall a frustrating afternoon.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

I like Brad, but think he should be in midfield - McNulty is quicker and a better defender.

Two needless sendings off I thought. Decent officials - the lino at the stand side was really good.

For some reason, we just can't seem to get it together at home. Must be very frustrating for AP.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Tough game where not for the first time this season we struggled to gain an edge on the opposition. We badly miss the kind of spark and purposeful energy Ross Oulton brings in midfield.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

paulg wrote:Tough game where not for the first time this season we struggled to gain an edge on the opposition. We badly miss the kind of spark and purposeful energy Ross Oulton brings in midfield.
To be honest Peaksy has just signed Ben Farrell, who played well on Tuesday and on Saturday, especially it came to picking up the loose ball and he's left him on the bench. Joe Curtis, who completed 90 minutes on Tuesday and played well is not even in the squad (if he's unavailable, fine).

Ross Oulton is class for this level, and will make a real difference when back, but we now have more selection in central midfield than a few weeks ago, and should really be using it.
Last edited by Mad Dog on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I am rather concerned by the form at home and can't find any positives other than nominating the linesman for Man of the Match. The sending off for both players was irresponsible by them. Having said that, we are still in with a good chance of reaching the play-offs, even with the poor home form.
Fingers crossed for a run of wins.

COYD