Bar volunteer required

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Bar volunteer required

Post by AndyKirkup »

I'm posting this with a little trepidation, as I have a horrible feeling I'm just going to get a load of comments about how ridiculous it is that we are asking people to volunteer behind the bar, but here goes...

We are one volunteer short behind the bar on Saturday. Volunteers do not have to miss any of the game - it means providing an extra pair of hands behind the bar from 2(ish) to 3, at half time and at full time until after the "rush" created by the two teams coming in at roughly 5pm has subsided.

Reasons to volunteer:

- Full training is provided and you can learn a new skill
- It looks great on your CV
- If we don't cover these busy periods with an extra person, it costs the club ~£30 to pay someone, so with less than 2 hours of your time you will in effect be donating that much to the club.

If you want to help out but feel that AFCRDTV is outside your skillset then this could be the opportunity for you! Please PM me if interested.
rudolph_hucker

Re: Bar volunteer required - Saturday 20th August

Post by rudolph_hucker »

The only thing that IS ridiculous about this post is the amount of times I see a request for volunteers. I've almost given up contacting the club offering help in ALL areas. I can hold a shovel and a paintbrush, sometimes even together. I can pour pints and can count. I've explained that I work nights now and it's any 5 from 7. That gives me much more time during the day to help out if needed.
Just saying before requesting "new" volunteers maybe look at the ones that have helped for the last 15 years.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Can you help on Saturday?, would you be interested in going in the bar rota?
AFC R&D Member No. 67
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I'll do it for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps?
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Just read this Bozzer. I work some Saturday evenings. I'm happy to help during the game but need to leave by 17.15 to be at work on time.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: Bar volunteer required

Post by bozzer »

That's great I will pass your details on regarding the bar and they will be in touch cheers
AFC R&D Member No. 67