Fixtures 2016-17

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Fixtures 2016-17

Post by sussexdiamond »

So a trip to Newcastle on opening day. I am planning to be in the North East that day on holiday so I can..........oh dear its not that Newcastle is it!!

Bit odd that fixture listed for Christmas Eve (Chasetown A ) is cancelled but has to be re arranged to be played between Xmas and New Year.

At the moment I am not excited about playing these northern teams, but hopefully as season progresses the excitement will build as we get to know them better.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Fixtures 2016-17

Post by Brownie »

What do you mean not that Newcastle? according to Biff the is only one Newcastle, hope they don't give him the keys to the bus that day.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote:So a trip to Newcastle on opening day. I am planning to be in the North East that day on holiday so I can..........oh dear its not that Newcastle is it!!

Bit odd that fixture listed for Christmas Eve (Chasetown A ) is cancelled but has to be re arranged to be played between Xmas and New Year.

At the moment I am not excited about playing these northern teams, but hopefully as season progresses the excitement will build as we get to know them better.

Spalding not too happy about hosting us on a tuesday, but I presume the League are trying to save us from too many long journeys mid week.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I've noticed that the away game Vs Witton Albion will be postponed if either side reaches the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round. I'd say that's a decent bet. Two wins for either side, basically.

That could lead to our joint-longest trip of the season shifting to a Tuesday night.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

So Newcastle away first game, a tricky game, hopefully we can get off to a good start to the season.