Season Best/Worst

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Season Best/Worst

Post by BartonRaz »

Now that the season is over, it'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Best game:

Worst game:

Best single moment:

Best goal:

Best opposition team:

Worst opposition team:

Best ground visited:

Worst ground visited:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Season Best/Worst

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

BartonRaz wrote:Now that the season is over, it'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Best game: ROYSTON A (PLAY OFF SEMI)

Worst game: UXBRIDGE H

Best single moment: EQUALISER AT BARWELL (CALETA DEL FUSTE DIDNT KNOW WHAT HIT IT)

Best goal: CLAUDIOS FREE KICK AT HOME

Best opposition team: BEACONSFIELD

Worst opposition team: NGU

Best ground visited: BEDFORD (ALTHOUGH LIKED THE TERRACES AT ARLESEY AND BEACONSFIELD)

Worst ground visited: KINGS LANGLEY
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Now that the season is over, it'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Best game: ROYSTON A (PLAY OFF SEMI)

Worst game: UXBRIDGE H

Best single moment: EQUALISER AT BARWELL (CALETA DEL FUSTE DIDNT KNOW WHAT HIT IT)

Best goal: CLAUDIOS FREE KICK AT HOME

Best opposition team: BEACONSFIELD

Worst opposition team: NGU

Best ground visited: BEDFORD (ALTHOUGH LIKED THE TERRACES AT ARLESEY AND BEACONSFIELD)

Worst ground visited: KINGS LANGLEY
I'd agree with most of that, but Arlesey away was the worst game for me (I missed Uxbridge at home) purely for the way we capitulated and gave in in the second half, having played so well in the first, and the best single moment has to be virtually the last moment of the season; Jacko's header against the scum! :biggrin:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Based on the games I have seen this season (I've missed a fair few to be fair)

Best game: Royston Semi Final- for the performance on the pitch by the players and the noise off the pitch by the fans

Worst game: Kings Langley at home- at the time it was a top of the table clash but it had all the intensity of pre season friendly and we played bloody awful!

Best single moment: Tough call, but Jacko's last minute header against the Ploppies just shades it over Dolmans equaliser at Barwell.

Best goal: Richard Bunting's 90th minute winner against Uxbridge away- a moment of magic in an otherwise utterly sh*te game (from what I remember)

Best opposition team: Would have to say Barwell the 2nd time round, having threw away the lead so late on in the first game you would have thought they would come to the D&D and struggle but the came with a game plan and didn't a number on us in front of our biggest ever home crowd. For that they have to be respected. I am aware they play in higher league but it still took some bottle and character.

Worst opposition team: Barton Rovers were pretty poor, as were Bedford, but I wouldn't expect anything less from them. How their fans follow them week in week out, is beyond me. Fair play to them though

Best ground visited: Bedford, purely because of the big terraces behind one goal and the dug outs. I quiet like Roystons too. Don't know why it just has a nice club house and over all nice feel too it, although it is very basic.

Worst ground visited: Kings Langley! The barriers are broken, the old Nene Park "stand" behind the goal is falling apart, the paths are covered in grass, parking is sh*te, it's an arse of place to get to, the clubhouse is small, crap and smells of smoke and a deep fat fryer. Despite all that they finished 1st in our league so for that you can only congratulate them. How on earth that ground is acceptable for the Southern Premier is beyond me though!
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Best game: Barwell (A), never enjoyed myself at a game so much.

Worst game: Desborough Town (H), nobody there and the football on display was absolutely awful. Had a class burger though so :good: !

Best single moment: Red army at Royston, play off final. Good atmosphere, quite a nice ground, nice evening and the result was even better than all of those!

Best goal: Has to be Bully's at Barwell. Limbs.

Best opposition team: Royston in that second half at home, Hoenes was top class.

Worst opposition team: Not from a football standpoint but I hated Kings Langley because they were a complete bunch of thugs, so many small fouls and niggles and they spent 90% of the time arguing with the ref.

Best ground visited: I really liked Bedford Town's ground.

Worst ground visited: Didn't go to many away games but St Ives at the play-off final. What an absolute dive! Pitch was crap, the barriers were weak, the parking was crap.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Best game: Barwell (A)

Worst game: Even though we won, Bedford (A) was absolutely atrocious.

Best single moment: Obviously between Quigley's equaliser or Dolman's equaliser. I'm going to say Quigley, purely because it was karmic justice for those cheating King's Langley defenders, including no.2 who had previously laughed at the fans behind the goal. Absolute scenes when the goal was bundled in.

Best goal: Dolman's goal was probably more skilful, especially the way he calmly knocked it over the defender.

Best/worst opposition team: Poor attendance from me this season, but from the few I've been to, I thought Barwell showed a step up in class over the 180 minutes. Barton were poor in October and we should've absolutely battered them that day.

Best ground visited: Bedford, good terracing at either end, meant you could get some noise going.

Worst ground visited: King's Langley, in the September darkness was has to take the cake here. Runaway winners! Honourable mention for Petersfield's amazing slope.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Best game: Royston Town in the play off semi-final

Worst game: Potters Bar (Away)

Best single moment: Dolman equaliser at Barwell narrowly pipping Ashton's winner against K*ttering

Best goal: Berwick (Beaconsfield Home), fantastic ball from Hall and brilliant control and finish from Berwick

Best opposition team: Royston Town (Dog & Duck December)

Worst opposition team: North Greenford United

Best ground visited: Sixfields Stadium Northampton

Worst ground visited: Kings Langley closely followed by St Ives
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Best game: Barwell (A) for the excitement. Excellent performances at Royston and away to Aylesbury also.

Worst game: Histon (H) in the Red Insure Cup. That was as bad as an AFC R&D team have ever played. Other awful games include Arlesey (A), Potters Bar (A) and Beaconsfield (A) although we were impressively torn apart in the latter.

Best single moment: Dolman's 94th minute equaliser at Barwell. One of my favourite ever moments following Diamonds & AFC, let alone this season.

Best goal: Scott Joseph during the home win against Fleet. ELJ's winner at North Greenford, Bunts at Uxbridge and Tommy Berwick's goal at Hanwell were also very good.

Best opposition team: Beaconsfield (A). Thought Royston and Barwell both relied on star men (Rhys Hoenes and Brady Hickey) but Beaconsfield destroyed us with a real team effort.

Worst opposition team: Fleet were appalling in our home game against them, but I suppose it's got to be either Leighton or North Greenford given we hit 7 and 8 against them respectively.

Best ground visited: Beaconsfield, closely followed by Ware and Bedford.

Worst ground visited: Thought Aylesbury was piss poor on and off the pitch so i'll go with that. The pitch at Fleet was pathetic in places and whilst the pitch was OK at Kings Langley the facilities were dreadful.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Best game: The Hillier Cup final was one my favourite ever AFC matches full stop never mind just last season. After the disappointment of the Play-Off defeat, seeing us snatch the victory at the death sparking those jubilant scenes after the goal and at the end was unforgettable. So nice for all of the fans to be together in one area and the atmosphere was akin to the old RDFC away days.

Worst game: Losing to Uxbridge at home to continue our pitiful run of form.

Best single moment: Listening to the Radio Diamonds commentary as Liam Dolman equalised at Barwell and knowing we’d be in the live 1st Round draw on the BBC.

Best goal: Undoubtedly Jacko vs K*ttering :biggrin:

Best opposition team: The aforementioned Royston side that clinically put us to the sword on that Tuesday night before Christmas.

Worst opposition team: In terms of quality, and considering they were a Step 3 club, I was amazed at how poor Ashton United were at times in the FA Cup match, despite our impressive performance.

Best ground visited: Undoubtedly Sixfields, despite it being over 80% empty!

Worst ground visited: For me it has to be Chalfont’s ground. The main stand was completely out of action and wherever you stood on the side you seemed to be almost below pitch level looking up a slope. The 2-0 defeat added nothing positive to the experience either!

Here's to more great memories next season! :drinks:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Best game: Has to be the Hillier Cup Final, just because of who we played! The 2-0 win against St Ives is a close second.

Worst game: Uxbridge at home. Haven't been annoyed after many games, but I was after the Uxbridge result.

Best single moment:
Close call, but has to be Liam Dolman's last minute goal against Barwell, the celebrations were a sight to see!

Best goal: Has to be Jacko's against the scum.

Best opposition team:
Barwell

Worst opposition team
: North Greenwood United, they were poor, and I'm not surprised they eventually finished bottom of the league.

Best ground visited:
Bedford Town

Worst ground visited: St Ives, that pitch was terrible, infact the whole stadium was terrible.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73