Not football related ......

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Not football related ......

Post by Pigman »

.......but I wanted to say good luck to my very good mate Bob Osborne who undergoes open heart surgery tomorrow!! I'm thinking of you mate !!

So many people have been asking after him at games recently, enquiring when he'd be going in and sending their best wishes. I tried to tell as many people as I could on Tuesday evening, but thought I'd pop it up here to make sure I got to everyone !

Fingers crossed all will go well with the op and he'll be up and about and back in the fold very soon !!

I'll post an update when I get one for those of you who know him and are interested in his progress!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Not football related ......

Post by STAGMAN »

Here here Jim , sent Bob a PM after you spoke to me on Tuesday evening, one of the Old Debankers, Good luck tomorrow mate
supersub

Post by supersub »

Please send him Get Well wishes from me here in Thailand., I miss his Eric Morecombe impression. Bless him.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Hope it all went well, can't wait to hear "how many more times" at the ref when he is back at the ground
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Looking forward to hearing he's ok!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Redrobbo

Post by Redrobbo »

I know Ellie would say something like "welcome to the Zipper club"! She had open heart surgery in 2012 and whilst it is an anxious time the treatment and recovery is amazing and quick. He'll be up and about in no time. The only side effects seems to be it makes you shout louder at football matches!!
get well soon.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Here, here I wish to send my regards to him as well. And hope it all goes well today.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thinking of you Bob, Best wishes for a successful outcome and speedy recovery.
davealbon
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Games haven't been the same recently without the Duke's random, nonsensical abuse of officials and opposition players, his appalling jokes, and out of control bodily functions.

Pigman has also not been the same, wandering around looking all lost, and quietly sobbing to himself after the operation to separate him from his conjoined twin. I'm sure Bob's been missing him too; I know Angie will be looking after him well, but it's not the same as having his 'true' love by his side.

Look forward to sharing a couple of beers with you again soon Bob. :drinks:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pigman
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

How right you are Dave !! :good: :cheesy:

Just a quick update! Has a text from Angie, Bob's wife, according to his consultant he's out of the theatre, the op went really well, he's now in ICU!!

That's all I know - so hopefully the road to full recovery starts here and it won't be long before we yet again hear "referee! how many more times" bellowing out at the D&D, along with that dreadful Hart No 1 enduced flatulance of his :biggrin:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51