[ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

Post by The Godfather »

As Dippy Daniel says, we're going to winny!!!!
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

The only thing that is certain is we'll never have a better chance of making the first round proper - at home and looking at the Barwell lads on the pitch and in the bar when we equalised so late, they were crestfallen !!

Will need to have the PDB rocking Tuesday and if we play as we know we can, we will do it!!

Still smiling from yesterday which goes down in my book as one of the most exciting ends to a match I've witnessed in my days following Diamonds, and we've had a few memorable last minute goals in our time - but that's up there !!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Totally agree ,a s i have put in another post , we must have the PDB absoluteley screaming at them witha wall of noise
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It will be the club's biggest challenge, whatever prize for winning the tie might be decided by Monday's first round draw.

We were slower in thought and action throughout the game, and that isn't something than can easily be fixed in three days. Whereas Ashton seemed to rely on a few class players, Barwell had a well organised passing game that rang rings around us at times in the first half. Given the D&D pitch is well suited to a passing game these days we'll have to come up with a game plan that denies then the time to pass around our defence, as well as sharpening things up so we don't have players waiting for passes to reach them.

I did wonder if Brad wasn't fully fit for the game on Saturday, as he stayed on the bench for the whole game, but if he's ready on Tuesday I'd expect him to give more support to our defence from central midfield - something they clearly needed on Saturday. I noted EL-J wasn't on the bench, suggesting he is still unavailable, but he might relish the chance to strengthen up the right side of our team.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Starting with Scott Joseph on Tuesday is a must for me, their back four didn't look the fastest, and having him running at them will cause Barwell problems. He's also the most clinical striker we've got, and the most likely to pop up with a goal when he's on song.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Mad Dog wrote:Starting with Scott Joseph on Tuesday is a must for me, their back four didn't look the fastest, and having him running at them will cause Barwell problems. He's also the most clinical striker we've got, and the most likely to pop up with a goal when he's on song.
Dropping Courtney is a must also, he was absolutely dreadful and has done nothing to prove that he should be a starter. I'd go with:

Finlay
Wilkinson-Gordon-Dolman-Brown
Quigley-Bunting
Berwick-Lorraine-Hoban
Joseph

With the possibility of dropping to a 4-4-2 with Berwick and Hoban dropping deeper and Lorraine going higher up the pitch.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Keep the 4-4-2 it's the formation which looks dangerous. Anything other and its striker alone..

.......Finlay.......
Wilkinson..Gordon..Dolman..Brown
ELJ..Quigley..Harris..Hoban
Joseph..Lorraine
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

What's going on with Steve Spriggs? Any news on when he's returning?
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Mad Dog »

ParcelFace wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:Starting with Scott Joseph on Tuesday is a must for me, their back four didn't look the fastest, and having him running at them will cause Barwell problems. He's also the most clinical striker we've got, and the most likely to pop up with a goal when he's on song.
Dropping Courtney is a must also, he was absolutely dreadful and has done nothing to prove that he should be a starter. I'd go with:

Finlay
Wilkinson-Gordon-Dolman-Brown
Quigley-Bunting
Berwick-Lorraine-Hoban
Joseph

With the possibility of dropping to a 4-4-2 with Berwick and Hoban dropping deeper and Lorraine going higher up the pitch.
At the moment I'm in favour of keeping Courtney in over Berwick. At the moment Tommy's not really putting a shift in*, especially when he loses the ball by throwing his arms up in the air, whereas with Courtney, you get a guaranteed work rate. There isn't really that understanding between the Toms, yet Lorraine and Joseph do work well together.

Likewise in this kind of game, where emotions are likely to run high, I'll wouldn't throw Elliot into the mix. I think if he is to play a part, he's better coming off the bench, as he showed coming off the bench against Bedford. Apart from that he hasn't really stepped up to Southern League level (nothing wrong with that given his age). In a lot of ways he might benefit with being dual registered with a UCL side, so he can get regular football.

*Challenge to Berwick. Prove me wrong and we'll both be happy.