[ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

I believe this is going to be the hardest cup tie we have ever faced, even more so than Dover. The prize of victory is so great to both sides.The chance of playing a Football League side and maybe even being televised.

Barwell are in a good groove scoring at will, their confidence is high and they have some excellent goalscorers at present, it says a lot about them that Christie is only used as a sub ! They are the 3rd highest scorers in their league.....and on top of that they probably think they are playing Rushden and Diamonds, thus need no further motivation.

So its going to be a real tough challenge for our guys. We need our strongest line up, that means Hoban, Bunting and Gordon being fit, and they will all need to work their socks off for the full 90 minutes and be disciplined...we just cannot afford to be reduced to 10 men.

Having said all that, we are more than capable of coming away with a result. We have experienced players like Dolman, Berwick and Bunting. Tom Lorraine is on fire and Hobans is in a class of his own. Sam Brown is playing his best ever for us.
And I am sure at some point we will need our subs and we have a really strong bench.

But above all our trump card is us! WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE LADS IN NUMBERS AND BE AT OUR MOST VOCAL (300+ Ellies!!!).
Get behind the team, no moaning if things do not always go our way.
Lets make it a day to remember and look forward with confidence to the first round draw on Monday.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

sussexdiamond wrote:I believe this is going to be the hardest cup tie we have ever faced, even more so than Dover. The prize of victory is so great to both sides.The chance of playing a Football League side and maybe even being televised.

Barwell are in a good groove scoring at will, their confidence is high and they have some excellent goalscorers at present, it says a lot about them that Christie is only used as a sub ! They are the 3rd highest scorers in their league.....and on top of that they probably think they are playing Rushden and Diamonds, thus need no further motivation.

So its going to be a real tough challenge for our guys. We need our strongest line up, that means Hoban, Bunting and Gordon being fit, and they will all need to work their socks off for the full 90 minutes and be disciplined...we just cannot afford to be reduced to 10 men.

Having said all that, we are more than capable of coming away with a result. We have experienced players like Dolman, Berwick and Bunting. Tom Lorraine is on fire and Hobans is in a class of his own. Sam Brown is playing his best ever for us.
And I am sure at some point we will need our subs and we have a really strong bench.

But above all our trump card is us! WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE LADS IN NUMBERS AND BE AT OUR MOST VOCAL (300+ Ellies!!!).
Get behind the team, no moaning if things do not always go our way.
Lets make it a day to remember and look forward with confidence to the first round draw on Monday.
THIS ^^

Well said, this is the biggest game in the clubs history, lets make it feel like a home game and get ourselves in the hat for Monday's draw!

RED ARMY!!
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

I'm absolutely gutted to be missing this. Part of me fancies throwing away the RWC ticket for NZ vs SA so I can make it to Barwell. This is potentially the biggest game in the clubs history, no doubt about that. Win, lose, or draw, ultimately it's one big huge celebration of the progress this football club is making. If you're not excited enough already, have a session on YouTube reliving the glory days. Make an atmosphere like Leeds in 99, like Aldershot for the SS Final, like those away wins at K*ttering, like those Championship celebrations at Chester, Yeovil & such. Get online and purchase drums, flares*, red toilet paper, whatever you have to do to create that special atmosphere we know we can produce. *just kidding. Not only the players and staff, but the board and all the volunteers deserve it for getting us here.

RED ARMY
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

If I had a Rwc ticket id sell it and get to barwell :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Sacking off football for Rugby!! Your opinions on here are no longer welcome OD#2!!
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Even Dirty Boy and me are coming. It must be a big match!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup will be live on BBC2 at 7pm on Monday. If we are still in it our number will be no.54 .
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Excited, but at the same time slightly nervous about this one, whatever happens we've had a great run this year, but to lose at this stage would be gutting and it's the biggest game in both club's histories, no reason for either side not to be up for it, the winner could be the team who wants it the most. I agree that we will have to be at our best to win this one, Barwell have been scoring a few recently and are certainly favourites being the higher ranked team at home, I can see goals, I'm a little concerned about our defence for sure and don't expect us to keep a CS like we did against Ashton, but I also expect us to score goals too. If I'm brutally honest I never really thought we had that much of a chance at Dover being away to a team 3 divisions above us, but we have a genuine chance in this one with only 15 or so places between us, and they don't have a great home record this season, they had only scored 4 goals in 5 home league games before Halesowen.

And talking of atmosphere, will anyone be bringing a drum to this one?

RED ARMY!!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote:The draw for the first round of the FA Cup will be live on BBC2 at 7pm on Monday. If we are still in it our number will be no.54 .
How do you know we ball number 54, where does it say that?