AFCRD No1 Shirt

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

AFCRD No1 Shirt

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: AFCRD No1 Shirt

Post by Olly »

Ridiculous decision, why does it matter so much to the SL that every goalkeeper must wear number 1 :?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

What would happen if our goalkeeper wore a jersey without a number?
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Take it we'll get fined if we don't do it?? Can't we put some tape on finners shirt to make it 17??
Hope the FA agree with us and accept our appeal ridiculous decision. They'll be a lot of people upset about this decision very poor from the southern league. :evil: :cry:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:What would happen if our goalkeeper wore a jersey without a number?
I did wonder that, but I'm sure they'd find a rule that doesn't allow it.

I'd suggest that in the league cup we put Finners on the bench and a random player in goal wearing the required shirt, who we substitute the first time the ball goes out of play. It might be asking a bit much to do this in a league game.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Idiotic decision - thought we'd left this kind of nonsense behind when we left the UCL - time to flood the southern league with complaints I reckon !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: I did wonder that, but I'm sure they'd find a rule that doesn't allow it.
I've seen plenty of players who after a blood injury change into an unnumbered shirt. Can't see why a goalie can't wear an unnumbered jersey. It's not as if the referee doesn't know who he is. Southern League just being petty in my opinion.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

To be fair to the UCL Jim, credit where it's due, they supported the club on this matter.

I've written a letter to the SL, highlighting my displeasure on their decision.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
TwinkleToesTomlin

Trek wrote:
Formic wrote: I did wonder that, but I'm sure they'd find a rule that doesn't allow it.
I've seen plenty of players who after a blood injury change into an unnumbered shirt. Can't see why a goalie can't wear an unnumbered jersey. It's not as if the referee doesn't know who he is. Southern League just being petty in my opinion.
Trek wrote:

Petty, is making subs wear a builder's high-viz. This is dam right nasty!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
TwinkleToesTomlin

I will also be disappointed with the club if they don't try and get around this rule somehow, similar to what treks suggesting. If it retired its retired. It CANNOT come out for a cameo appearance. Let's take the fine, then have a whip round!