Nene Park petition...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Nene Park petition...

Post by BartonRaz »

Richard Garvie's Nene Park petition went live on change.org yesterday morning and has been gathering signatures at pace today. If you want to view and/or sign, you can do so here:

https://www.change.org/p/east-northampt ... e_petition
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Nene Park petition...

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Signed :)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Signed. :D
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

This will cause a response.
Why do we care what happens to it? It's ruined my club and almost done the same to the inbreds up the road. as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter what happens there.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

rudolph_hucker wrote:This will cause a response.
Why do we care what happens to it? It's ruined my club and almost done the same to the inbreds up the road. as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter what happens there.
Agreed. Magnificent stadium, but it's put 2 teams out of business...

Knock it down and build a KFC. ;)
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

As a stadium it's useless as a site something could be done.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Certainly a fair view - important to remember this is not a club petition but organised by local Labour PPC.

It is the club position to have formally objected to the recently withdrawn planning proposals. With difficulty in finding space for a new ground, let alone getting it built, we cannot be too picky.

If they do demolish Nene Park eventually, we need to have worked hard to be part of securing important concessions and funding for replacement facilities elsewhere. Signing this petition makes the level of public interest clear in respect of local sporting facilities, even if you might have a preference for a new ground elsewhere.

Signing can, I think, only help the general ground hunt even if some would prefer it not be Nene Park.
Member Number: 21
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Spot on, Everyweeker. ;)
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Well said Everyweeker, couldn,t agree more ! Love or hate the place what a great facility for our schools etc who are gradually losing their sports areas to buildings etc.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Everyweeker wrote:
Certainly a fair view - important to remember this is not a club petition but organised by local Labour PPC.

It is the club position to have formally objected to the recently withdrawn planning proposals. With difficulty in finding space for a new ground, let alone getting it built, we cannot be too picky.

If they do demolish Nene Park eventually, we need to have worked hard to be part of securing important concessions and funding for replacement facilities elsewhere. Signing this petition makes the level of public interest clear in respect of local sporting facilities, even if you might have a preference for a new ground elsewhere.

Signing can, I think, only help the general ground hunt even if some would prefer it not be Nene Park.

I couldn't agree with you anymore Everyweeker, Nene Park had so many good memories (beating K*ttering, Northampton etc) promotion to the football league, just like Hayden Road had so many good memories for us in turns of football wise, (you never know what's around the corner in football) I would hate it if there knocked down Hayden Road just like Nene Park.

If life you should be positive and not negative, Nene Park did so many good things in are lives, it helped increase are fan base up etc.

If/when we do want to come home we can't afford to be to picky, by keeping Nene Park as a sports facility will help the local area out, with sports for schools and the community.

By knocking Nene Park down will affect are local area, schools and the community and that will be a terrible shame on the community