[ Sat 14th Feb ] v Peterboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 14th Feb ] v Peterboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Turveyman wrote:Crowd a little disappointing
The average home crowd is 464 so can we please stop chuffing whining about attendances.

I thoroughly enjoyed that, good football from both teams and on balance a fair result.

Hopefully the two people that don't usually turn up will come again and bring a friend.
I know you always like to be positive Dave, but there's nothing wrong with noting that attendances are a bit low. It's not whining if some fans aren't always 100% positive. Personally I've thought the crowds have been a bit low as well, compared with the first two seasons. Hopefully as the weather improves we can start pushing 600-700.
The crowd wasn't low, it was above average. Someone always manages to mention the crowd being low seemingly after every game so that classes as whining.

Instead of whining about it do something and bring someone to the game. If you turn up with 465 people that haven't been before then you can whine.
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
The average home crowd is 464 so can we please stop chuffing whining about attendances.

I thoroughly enjoyed that, good football from both teams and on balance a fair result.

Hopefully the two people that don't usually turn up will come again and bring a friend.

The crowd wasn't low, it was above average. Someone always manages to mention the crowd being low seemingly after every game so that classes as whining.

Instead of whining about it do something and bring someone to the game. If you turn up with 465 people that haven't been before then you can whine.[/quote]

This is the first time I have ever mentioned the attendance. If you re-read my comment, I said that it was a little disappointing rather than poor. Actually, I do bring another person who would not otherwise have come along so I feel I am doing my bit. Generalised criticisms of this sort are more than a little disappointing.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I think the fixture schedule hasn't done us any favours regarding crowds - the more casual supporter gets out of the habit of attending when there are long gaps between home games.
Yesterday was our first home game for 4 weeks, and it will be another 4 weeks until the next one.
One home game in an 8 week spell is a little "unfortunate" to say the least.
On the up side the weather should be better when we do eventually play all those home games so that should have a positive effect. Also, provided we stay very much in the title/promotion hunt the average for the remainder of the season should increase considerably.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Back to on-field matters - I don't think that it is a coincidence that Adam Confue has seen a dip in form lately. It corresponds to the time that Brad has been playing at right back. Yesterday Conf was again below par until Harris moved into midfield. All of a sudden this seemed to give him the freedom to do what he does best as Brad does such a good holding job. In my opinion that is our best centre midfield pairing, and that is not a criticism of the other midfielders, it's just that it seems to work better.
Brad is a terrific clubman and his versatility is very useful. Hopefully he will make his hundredth appearance next Saturday and maybe even celebrate with a rare goal!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rushdenman wrote:Back to on-field matters - I don't think that it is a coincidence that Adam Confue has seen a dip in form lately. It corresponds to the time that Brad has been playing at right back. Yesterday Conf was again below par until Harris moved into midfield. All of a sudden this seemed to give him the freedom to do what he does best as Brad does such a good holding job. In my opinion that is our best centre midfield pairing, and that is not a criticism of the other midfielders, it's just that it seems to work better.
Brad is a terrific clubman and his versatility is very useful. Hopefully he will make his hundredth appearance next Saturday and maybe even celebrate with a rare goal!
It doesn't help that Bunting, who appears to be his first choice partner, is so unreliable in terms of fitness. Bunts seems to have some underlying issues that he can't shake off.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Stephanie's pics are added to Paul's match report - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... ern-star-0
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sorry to bring up the attendance debate but our crowd was marginally bigger than the North East derby between North Shields and West Auckland Town making our attendance the biggest Step 5 crowd in the country. Incidentally North Shields had a crowd approaching 1100 for their FA Vase match the previous week.
Stamford now in a brand new Stadium only had 319 for their Step 3 fixture, down from 800 in their opening match at Borderville in December.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The second best supported Step 5 side, Worksop Town, could only manage 305 for their home game yesterday. Their average this season is 433 so they were way down on that. I think Valentines Day will have had an effect.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:The second best supported Step 5 side, Worksop Town, could only manage 305 for their home game yesterday. Their average this season is 433 so they were way down on that. I think Valentines Day will have had an effect.
So our gate on Valentine's Day was 2 more than the average, and Worksop's was 128 down on their average. The conclusion; Ladies, if you're looking for a romantic husband/boyfriend, steer clear of East Northants and move to Worksop!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Fans want a regular home fixture every two weeks, when possible. Obviously Cup fixtures and the weather will effect this .
We had 6 successive UCL home fixtures earlier in the year and then we had about 3/4 away fixtures in a row. Now again we have 4 away games in a row followed by 6 out of 7 home fixtures to end the season.

Not only is it about budgeting finance for some people but it is also about fitting in other engagements, such as family and work.

Hopefully with promotion we will have a complete fixture list from the start of the season which will be on a regular home/away sequence.

Whilst some of the fixture secretaries decisions have been questionable I do think he has a very difficult job juggling many scenario's. And lets not forget at this level most teams have very few supporters who are as concerned as we are.
The UCL is not meant for clubs like us and Kings Lynn, so lets cut the fixtures secretary a bit of slack and just make sure we get out of the UCL as soon as possible.