A Darlington view of the BSP !!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

A Darlington view of the BSP !!

Post by Pigman »

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4715

Poor deluded fools !!! One or two sane voices in there, but as per usual, they all think it'll be a walk in the park :lol:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Hayden

Re: A Darlington view of the BSP !!

Post by Hayden »

PigmanRDFC wrote:http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4715

Poor deluded fools !!! One or two sane voices in there, but as per usual, they all think it'll be a walk in the park :lol:
just like luton thought this season :roll:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Hilarious. If they finish in the top half next season i'll be astounded.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry

Post by Harry »

What a bunch of idiots.

Am looking forward to seeing them struggle next season.

I see them talking about how they'll be nicely financially secure...correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they had terrible financial troubles of late? :?
Diamond down South.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

They need to think about what has happened to sides that have been relegated from the Football League for a second time in the recent past - e.g. Halifax Town or Chester City
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

To be fair to them they dont all think the BSP will be a walk in the park, any Darlington fan who thinks they are going straight back up is crazy :shock: I can kind of understand Luton fans confidence/arrogance when they came down because they were a bit unlucky to come down in the first place and still had a strong squad.

Anyway Darlo can look forward to playing Hayes & Yeading in their 25,000 seater stadium :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Very rare that a team bounces straight back after dropping out the football league, think the last team may have been Shrewsbury some 8/9 seasons back!?
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:Very rare that a team bounces straight back after dropping out the football league, think the last team may have been Shrewsbury some 8/9 seasons back!?
And they only did so because they had the huge advantage of having Lord Duane playing for them! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

davealbon wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:Very rare that a team bounces straight back after dropping out the football league, think the last team may have been Shrewsbury some 8/9 seasons back!?
And they only did so because they had the huge advantage of having Lord Duane playing for them! ;)
Thats the reason then! Can't begrude them that :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

I notice that Darlington have today sacked Steve Staunton. Seems a bit harsh, I don't know the ins and outs but I'd bet that any other manager would not have done a better job.

I know a lot of people are expecting them to be the next Chester and are doomed already, but if they are ok financially next season, surely the next managerial appointment is very important. Personally I think if the club take the view that this league is very difficult to get out of, and see promotion as a challenge rather than a formality they could well get promoted, as long as they appoint the right manager.

By that I mean someone who has done it before and knows the league well, unlike Steve Staunton, or Dean Saunders. Perhaps someone like Mark Cooper would fit the bill