Joe Henderson

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Joe Henderson

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Has tweeted he's left the club to look for football elsewhere.
AFC R & D member number 34
paulg

Re: Joe Henderson

Post by paulg »

Joe's Tweet:

@JoeJHenderson: Gutted I'm not in the squad tonight. Played well the last 2 games and not even in the squad for tonight's game for what ever reason I'm not sure. This has left me no other choice other than to leave and look for football elsewhere! Good luck for the season boys @AFCRD

Hope when his head clears he may reconsider
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Agreed. Very strange to walk out having been dropped for just one game. Equally strange, however to leave out perhaps the best player at the club. :(
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Managers have their reasons - disappointed in his attitude to be honest and if he doesn't want to play for us so be it, other players will. The "drop me and I leave" mentality is rather childish isn't it? It's a squad game - grow a pair and win your place back by showing a great attitude and proving the manager wrong and don't act like a petulant child is my advise !! I'm sure the Ploppies will have him !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Pathetic reaction. What is it with some of these guys? To full of themselves
Henderson is equally useful in defence and midfield and would in all likelihood got back into the team quite soon.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Absolutely gutted about this. Getting very frustrated with our better players leaving under a cloud frankly. FWIW I thought he was actually our best player.

The obvious question is - why wasn't he in the squad? We had no defensive cover (and as it turned out we needed it), surely the logical thing to do was leave Ling out given we also had Gearing on the bench?

Joe always came across as such a level-headed guy in his interviews for AFCRDTV, so this surprises me.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Lot of reaction to half a story as ever
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Lot of reaction to half a story as ever
Is there any wonder? It's not as if we are going to get an explanation?
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

BartonRaz wrote:Absolutely gutted about this. Getting very frustrated with our better players leaving under a cloud frankly. FWIW I thought he was actually our best player.

The obvious question is - why wasn't he in the squad? We had no defensive cover (and as it turned out we needed it), surely the logical thing to do was leave Ling out given we also had Gearing on the bench?

Joe always came across as such a level-headed guy in his interviews for AFCRDTV, so this surprises me.
We must not question the management they are always correct and we must support every decision they make! Seems a bit of an over reaction on Joe's part however but like you said why wasn't he even in the squad? Oh sh*t sorry forgot can't question the management!
Mr Chips Mate

Post by Mr Chips Mate »

I think this will be a huge loss, Joe has been our stand out defender so far this season and can play right back or centre back. Someone's going to get a very good player!!