[ Sat 30th Aug ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm FA CUP PR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 30th Aug ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm FA CUP PR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 30th Aug ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm FA CUP PR HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'm really looking forward to this. A local derby so hopefully a good crowd. Will Ashton be banned for this game?
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote:Will Ashton be banned for this game?
Doubt it. Suspensions at this level take 2-3 weeks to be confirmed.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

You'll find a link to the discipline handbook on this page on the OWS - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/united-count ... ook-201314

"If you have a Player sent off it is a matter of fact the Player will be suspended 14 days after the
date of the game. The County will send you the charge letter, response form and a copy of the match officials report."

- Spitting at an Opponent 6 Matches
- Serious Foul Play 3 Matches
- Violent Conduct 3 Matches
- Use of offensive, or insulting or abusive language 2 Matches
- Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball 1 Match
- Denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick 1 Match
- Receiving a Second Caution in a Match 1 Match
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Wet Bank Holiday afternoon, presume may see a few of you down the Eagles later running an eye over next weeks opposition.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Bedford lost 4-2 today, as it's my home town I'll be very polite and just say they were slightly worse than
dreadful. Neil King being the only footballer on display. Most interesting part of afternoon was overhearing the R & D history lesson being given by the locals. Sure many can remember the time we had 5,500 on a Sat followed by 500 the following Tuesday. No fans have stuck with the Club :roll: 600 for UCL they get 180 in SL and I can remember when they used to get 3,000. The clown to avoid next week will as he always does be wearing a grey camouflage coat, you can't miss him whenever he opens his mouth s.it comes out. That's if they ever get there as 2 from 3 didn't know where Wellingborough was. Roll on Sat & hopefully a convincing win.
Last edited by Brownie on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formic

Post by Formic »

Brownie wrote:Bedford lost 3-2 today, as it's my home town I'll be very polite and just say they were slightly worse than
dreadful. Neil King being the only footballer on display. Most interesting part of afternoon was overhearing the R & D history lesson being given by the locals. Sure many can remember the time we had 5,500 on a Sat followed by 500 the following Tuesday. No fans have stuck with the Club :roll: 600 for UCL they get 180 in SL and I can remember when they used to get 3,000. The clown to avoid next week will as he always does be wearing a grey camouflage coat, you can't miss him whenever he opens his mouth s.it comes out. That's if they ever get there as 2 from 3 didn't know where Wellingborough was. Roll on Sat & hopefully a convincing win.
You left before the last Barton goal then ? ;) ;)
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote:
Brownie wrote:Bedford lost 3-2 today, as it's my home town I'll be very polite and just say they were slightly worse than
You left before the last Barton goal then ? ;) ;)
No I did see it just forgot about it as I'd lost interest long before the end & it was almost 5 by then.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Being really picky now.... but The FA Cup is no longer sponsored by Budweiser as the match preview suggests :oops: :?
Formic

Post by Formic »

Rushdenjim wrote:Being really picky now.... but The FA Cup is no longer sponsored by Budweiser as the match preview suggests :oops: :?
Good call - now amended. I'll try to sort out an alternate graphic without the Budweiser ribbons shortly (something the FA themselves didn't do for their early articles about the cup this season).

(spot the photoshopping - or lack of it on the reflection in the cup)

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... own-150814

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... p-thriller