[ Fri 15th Aug ] v Oxhey Jets, KO 8pm FA CUP EPR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Fri 15th Aug ] v Oxhey Jets, KO 8pm FA CUP EPR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Fri 15th Aug ] v Oxhey Jets, KO 8pm FA CUP EPR HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I'm still not 100% sure on how this ban on alcohol outside the clubhouse works for some clubs for FA competitions, as I remember we were able to do so at Dunstable, Woodford and Wulfrunians but you can't do at the dog and duck.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

1/3 if anyone wants to to invest on a home win...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup

Fwiw, AFC Dunstable at 7/5 is the absolute stand-out price on that page ;)
Member Number: 21
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:I'm still not 100% sure on how this ban on alcohol outside the clubhouse works for some clubs for FA competitions, as I remember we were able to do so at Dunstable, Woodford and Wulfrunians but you can't do at the dog and duck.
Here is the rule taken from the 2014-15 Rules of the FA Challenge Cup Competition:

13) b) iv) Glasses, Glass bottles or cans containing alcohol are not permitted outside of the Clubhouse and must not be brought into grounds. No alcohol is to be consumed in the ground or premises during the period of any match, except as may be governed by the terms of the club licence with regard to its own members, but, not withstanding such, no alcohol is to be taken or consumed outside the licensed clubhouse or any other authorised area during such match period or brought into the ground.

If you were able to do that at these other places then they weren't enforcing this rule properly and, as such, were at risk of being fined if reported for this.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Where on earth do they get the name "Jets"? Are they all West Side Story" fans.?
One of the joys of footy at this level has been the names of some of our opponents, this season we now have Thurnby Nirvana!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote:Where on earth do they get the name "Jets"? Are they all West Side Story" fans.?
!
I bet people have asked the same question about the 'Diamonds' part of our name? ;)
I suppose it's nice to have something that's not the usual City, Town, United or even Rangers as a suffix.
Sets the club apart I think.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

They started as a Junior club, it's common to have a name that either distingues you from other teams in the town or reflects the area the club is based in.

We took on the South part of South Rushden so we didn't get confused with Rushden Rangers and because of the striking similarity between Greenacre Drive and South Compton, Los Angeles
paulg

Post by paulg »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:the striking similarity between Greenacre Drive and South Compton, Los Angeles
Made the mistake of confusing the two many times.

Looking forward to tonight, always interesting to see how we fare against fellow step 5 sides from a different region. Last season a lot of non-UCL teams found Dunks in particular difficult to handle.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think we might be able to name 7 subs tonight, so it will be interesting to see which of those missing from the squad completely on Tuesday are included. I know Jamal was on holiday, and although just back probably hasn't recovered from his foot injury, and Gilly is a long term injury casualty, but of the others we'll see if Hewitt, McBride, Ling, Merrill or Rashid Koriya are available, as I don't know what their situation was on Tuesday.
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

Hopefully they will all be there tonight with possibly the odd holiday casulty, as I'm doing the team photo around 7pm.

As Formic said, It will be interesting to see who's on the bench as there's a very strong squad to choose from.
Supporting the community - AFC Diamonds Member No 63