after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: after the last few days....

Post by Brownie »

FOOTYMAN wrote:
Brownie wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:I'm drawing a line under this as far as my involvement on this thread is concerned as it could drag on forever frankly. ;)
That`s 2 of us then, as I`m not sure everything is always read and understood clearly prior to a reply/post being submitted when things start to get a little heated, and to say this thread is going round in circles with endless misunderstandings is a bloody understatement. So regarding "after the last few days"
it`s goodnight from me and it`s goodnight from him. Goodnight.
I think you have forgotten to sign off. 4 posted comments later, Goodnight.
It`s clear you don`t know me well enough to understand the threat of stopping precedes the actual event by some considerable period of time. Which for this thread has now been reached. And I trust those extra 4 made interesting reading. Goodnight.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

The additional comments were indeed interesting. The whole thread is interesting. It shows one thing, we all are passionate about our club and we are wanting success in the early stages, to prolong the feel good factor. Different individuals have different opinions and it adds more interest to observe how each person responds to certain topics.
SRJFC does give a more enlightened view that the club is more than just a 1st team. A club is a club.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

I was referring to a comment made earlier in this thread stating, "Well to me the positivity is that we have a fan based Football Club being run sustainably what more do you really need".

That will be me, maybe i am alone in just being happy that we have the Club reformed and playing Football.

I am not saying we should not have ambition but we all must have reality that we won't win every week and be promoted every season we do not have the resources to piss the tin pot Leagues and at the same time save for our own ground.

I'm afraid there will be seasons and likely quite a few of mid table mediocrity as bankrolled clubs leap frog us along the way and we will have a natural level which we will eventually arrive at but without massive funding impossible to achieve what we had before.

Rochdale spent 36 seasons mostly in mediocrity in one league and based on some comments i would suspect some of our fans would have just walked after the first few years whilst others like me would just stick around and just be pleased we had our little mediocre team to follow and watch.

Now let me wallow in my reality and i hope i have not upset the eager beavers on here.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Sandy Lane

Post by Sandy Lane »

I'm at an absolute loss how any supporter who has paid attention to what has happened over the last few years with AFCR&D, can be negative, wonderful things have happened, are happening, will happen.

There is so much to look forward to, to be excited about, be a supporter not a fan, cos fans are fickle, supporters support and hold up their club when it needs them.

Here's to another 2,159 more games in what was renamed the rochdale division..up the dale! .....And the diamonds :-)