after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rushdenshireelite

after the last few days....

Post by rushdenshireelite »

I think a lot of questions have been raised!
A lot of rumours and this and that on various social media sites, could this be the time for a fans forum to be held? or are we starting to pick and choose already who hears and knows the facts of our fan owned club?

Any opinions or ridicule for speaking up, all welcome!
White, red and blue army
supersub

Re: after the last few days....

Post by supersub »

I was only thinking the same the other day, Fans Forum needed and PLEASE make it before January 5th!! SS
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

I asked that on the members forum about half hour ago!! Great minds and all that!! :D

Just think we need to get some positivity going both on and off the pitch!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

rushdenshireelite wrote:I think a lot of questions have been raised!
A lot of rumours and this and that on various social media sites, could this be the time for a fans forum to be held? or are we starting to pick and choose already who hears and knows the facts of our fan owned club?

Any opinions or ridicule for speaking up, all welcome!
Do we really want our club to be driven by the tittle-tattle on Twitter and Facebook? I think the communication of our club is streets ahead of what most clubs provide. We have the members forum, where every question a member asks gets an answer, and we have the post-match interviews, where the manager and a player answer the questions about recent happenings on and off the pitch. Given there has been so little comment on what has been said at these interviews on here, I suspect some people are preferring to believe what they read from those with an axe to grind on social media, rather than watching / listening to the facts from these interviews. Add to that the Board Members are easily accessible at games (no hiding in corporate areas), and anyone who has a real concern can easily ask them about it.

As a club we haven't had any "issues" to date, and I think that might have frustrated those with the more "drama queen" tendencies who were used to R&DFC lurching from one crisis to another in the latter years, coupled with the dreadful communication it provided about the "real issues" (and I speak as one who spent so many hours updating the Official Website).

It you look at social media (and websites with real substance) you will have read the stories about the likes of Newcastle United and Port Vale banning local media outlets, and if that happened here there might be real cause for concern about communication.....
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

To be fair Formic Members forums were supposed to be every 3 months and we haven't had one since the AGM I believe in early Summer.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Drunken Debanker wrote:To be fair Formic Members forums were supposed to be every 3 months and we haven't had one since the AGM I believe in early Summer.
I wasn't aware of that, but can we really expect the hard-working board (who also have their day-jobs) to organise one in the middle of a period where we have been playing 2 games per week (plus the U18 games they have to facilitate).
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Just think we need to get some positivity going both on and off the pitch!!

Well to me the positivity is that we have a fan based Football Club being run sustainably what more do you really need.

There is no way we can expect success after success season after season, yes we have a large fanbase for the level of football but we cannot buy our way up the Leagues so we will have to be patient as teams bankrolled like Spalding and maybe others yet to appear will leapfrog us.

We have no right to win every game or expect teams to roll over just because we have lots of fans and they don't.

The last thing anybody should do is be led by what social media says.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I think Starms was honest and upfront in both his interview on Saturday and last night (I appreciate that most of you won't have seen last night's yet).

He, and the players, can only answer the questions they are asked, so if you don't think the right questions are being asked then please let us know what you want asked. It will save me having to make it up as I go along. :D
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Formic wrote:. Add to that the Board Members are easily accessible at games (no hiding in corporate areas), and anyone who has a real concern can easily ask them about it....

Second comedy post this week.
That statement is one of the biggest crocks of sxxx I have ever read. I have been fobbed off with bullshit answers by at least three different board members in the past so I don't even bother now.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I don't know what topic to put this is, so will just stick it in this one...topic after topic is being created these days and at the end of the day they all have the same meaning and all boils down to the same thing.

First of all i'm fed up of constantly hearing about who posts what on these social media sites. Its just a game of Chinese whispers which ends up spouting some garbage at the end. Ok end of that :lol:

To come out and say "Well to me the positivity is that we have a fan based Football Club being run sustainably what more do you really need" as quoted by Biggles seems to be the wrong attitude IMO...And before you shoot me down let me explain myself...

In the last few matches things don't seem as they were, look at the start of the season. We went to Deeping and got a good result, more than anyone else has seemed to do this season. We had a relatively good start to the league, a magic FA cup run, so far so good in the vase (minus the hillier cup and knockout cup) and then AFTER Dover things have seemed to slightly turned. Chance after chance which im also bit fed up of hearing, these chances need to be taken which will turn into points. I know we don't have the god damn right to win every game, but after a bad game you pick yourself up. It just seems the last few (not sileby :D )something seems a bit off. Is it morale?? Is Lance and Nat having an effect on the squad? Because in my eyes I think it might...

I know that Starms had his reasons, but I had one almighty surprise when I looked at the forum and saw lance and nat released topic as did the majority of the fan base. Perhaps the board could drop down to the fans level and see it from our point of view. Don't know about anyone else but feel a bit kept in the dark at times, often the staff have more knowledge than they let on. That's not a dig but that's probably the reason some people want a fans forum, to still feel involved as we once felt.
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60