Clarification of facts

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Clarification of facts

Post by Brownie »

Took my Monday stroll onto Ploppynet to check if they have sacrificed The Flamingo to the Gods of one footed strikers, frog marched the Manager out of the County or had another top striker for 11 days.
Thread about an Under 18s game between 2 local teams, won 8-1 by the Ploppies & not mentioned on our site.
Is all or any of the following correct :?: or have I become daft enough to follow them :roll:
The K*ttering team they mention is not connected to them but the breakaway Club.
The team in our name is not our main (for want of a better word) team but part of out community teams through SRJ.
The rest could be harder to answer.
As they won on Sat, but were playing a one man team though he is a Saint, why are they getting excited about one of our many youth teams suffering defeat at the hands of a team who share part of their name, though was set up by people who wished at the time to disassociate themselves from the Ploppies.
Should I be celebration the very good 1-1 draw achieved by Rushden & Higham away to Harrowby :?:
As they play at the ground,.....formally by Rushden Town,..... Merger with Irthlingborough,...... To form the Club,........ After which AFC R&D.
Tenuous links & all that.
On a serious note though for all my Ploppy followers, hope all went ok today in court & as a Club you are finally rid of he who shell not be mentioned. Think he has caused more than enough trouble for both our Clubs over the past few years.
AdamSRJFC

Re: Clarification of facts

Post by AdamSRJFC »

It was indeed the community Under 18's that played K*ttering FC (not KTFC)
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Well thier winding up order is dissmissed, they are clear of Nene Park. Pleased for them.

Curious as to what will happen to the place now though.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Thanks for that. It would appear then I have not ventured into the dismal depths of abject stupidity, do you think Man City & Scum Utd fans get confused in the same way :lol: though if it's correct to take credit for anything with a one word link. Well done to my local town for the way it organised the London marathon for many years.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Mat.H wrote:Well thier winding up order is dissmissed, they are clear of Nene Park. Pleased for them.

Curious as to what will happen to the place now though.
I just wish they'd take KTFC's name off it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Mat.H wrote:Curious as to what will happen to the place now though.
Don't know but I wouldn't suggest standing to close to it, those large steel balls on a chain look like they could hurt.