Predictions

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Predictions for Diamonds

Champions
18%
Top Half
82%
Bottom Half
No votes
Bottom 2
No votes

Total votes: 38

diamonds82

Predictions

Post by diamonds82 »

I'm already looking forward to this coming season, How do you think we'll do.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Predictions

Post by Olly »

If there was a top 3/4 option I'd go for that, I fully expect us to be up there challenging once again at least, not sure whether we'll manage back-to-back promotions though, will have to see. Personally I wouldn't mind us having a nice run in the Vase and possibly a trip to wembley before we leave step 5 though, so certainly not the end of the world if we don't go up again straight away :)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

I don't expect us to challenge at the very top of the table next season, although from what I've seen of the Premier a top 6 finish should be very possible. Being a cup competition anything could happen in the Vase, wouldn't it be great! Wemberleee, Wemberleee :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Sid wrote:I don't expect us to challenge at the very top of the table next season, although from what I've seen of the Premier a top 6 finish should be very possible. Being a cup competition anything could happen in the Vase, wouldn't it be great! Wemberleee, Wemberleee :D
Nah, don't care about any of that......we're going to win the FA Cup!!! :D
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

OK, to expand on this topic slightly.
5 think we will be Champions
22 think we will be top half.

My question is to the 22 that think we will be top half. which areas do you think we need to add to to go from top half to promotion contenders??
AFC R&D Membership No 283
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don't want to say which specific positions I think need strengthening as it'll imply that the current incumbents aren't good enough, but I think we need another 3 players. As it stands I think the current squad would end up around 4th/5th.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

It might be a bit early to be making predictions but I'd be happy with top-half and a run in the Vase. We'd have beaten Ashington with a fully-fit Taylor last season so hopefully with Taylor and Dunkley and a better squad than in December we can go a bit further, maybe Quarter-Finals.

I expect Spalding to win the league and I'm guessing that they do want promotion?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

BartonRaz wrote:I don't want to say which specific positions I think need strengthening as it'll imply that the current incumbents aren't good enough, but I think we need another 3 players. As it stands I think the current squad would end up around 4th/5th.
To be honest we won't know which areas we need to strengthen until the season gets underway in earnest, as we don't know how the current squad will perform.

However, purely on the basis of numbers, I still think we're a CB short (just Hope, Deaks and Brad/Gilly as cover ATM??, what's situation with Parky?) and possibly a winger and CM.

Options up top look good. Looking at a top two of Alfie and Dunks, plus Morgs / Lance / Dev (??).

Anyway, I'm certain Starms and Peaksy have a plan of action regards personnel.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

UttoDiamond wrote: Options up top look good. Looking at a top two of Alfie and Dunks, plus Morgs / Lance / Dev (??).
Gilly is a real utility player and could easily play up front, if the situation demanded, as his goal against Basford prooved.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

When Gilly played for the youth team if i remember rightly he played more upfront for them than anywhere