New signing

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

New signing

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
Mat.H

Re: New signing

Post by Mat.H »

Great signing.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

B****y hell, that is my reaction. What a statement of intent from our management. Can't wait for the season to start. ;)
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Great signing, does that solve our striker problem now? Presumably one of this season's lot will leave? I hope it's not Morgan. I think we might need another winger as well, especially if Lance isn't going to be trusted to start games.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

No mention of his position on the website. I'm going to assume he's a striker based on his goal record! How many did he get for King's Lynn last year?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
burger monster

Post by burger monster »

he scored a few for Kings Lynn last year, everytime ive watched him play he,s been a right handfull to mark, as he,s a big unit, hense the nickname the "Beast". He is a great hold up player and will be a great signing for you guys.
Trek

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote:No mention of his position on the website. I'm going to assume he's a striker based on his goal record! How many did he get for King's Lynn last year?
14 goals and 35 goals for Long Buckby the previous season.

"The Northamptonshire-based striker, affectionately known as The Beast for his powerful displays, decided to leave The Walks due to work and travel commitments. Many supporters took to Twitter to thank the 30-year-old who boss Gary Setchell admitted was as devastated about the decision to walk away as he was.

In a week where five more of last season’s squad agreed new deals, Dunkley’s departure from The Walks, due to increased work and travelling commitments, was a shock.

Dunkley who notched 14 goals in 38 appearances last season, said: “It’s the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make in my life and, to be brutally honest, I’m gutted that I’m leaving."
Last edited by Trek on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Bob's Bitch wrote: I think we might need another winger as well, especially if Lance isn't going to be trusted to start games.
Briscoe from Bugbrooke would fit the bill as we remarked to him as he was leaving the pitch at Bugbrooke. He gave us all a wry smile. ;)
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Great sigining , i hoped we would try and sign him when i see he was leaving Lynn but honestly thought he would go back to his old manager with Sileby. Have been very ipressed with him when i have seen him play and another Diamonds old boy
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think whoever gets to play alongside him should get a hatful of goals, as when I saw him several times for Long Buckby two seasons ago he would create as many chances as he scored. Given we underachieved on the goalscoring front last season, it's certainly an important signing - I'd guess we were around 20 goals short of the total we'd need in the UCL Premier (allowing for the extra games) if we want to contend for promotion.