PLODS

PLODS - The Prediction League of Diamonds Supporters

Moderator: olio

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

PLODS

Post by Rushdenjim »

The Final was completed at the weekend, bringing to an end the 4th season on PLODS. The final between Diamond_Wolf and Redsnapper ended with a 4-4 draw with Diamond_Wolf winning on goals scored. A harsh ending for Redsnapper. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who told part in PLODS this season and the last 3 seasons when i took over from ID. Ever since the Liquidation of RDFC the 'foot fall' into this forum as fallen and so with it people taking part in PLODS. Furthermore the % of people that take part actually predicting every week until the end of the season is also falling, the end numbers this season were the lowest ever. Because of this and due to lack of time to complete PLODS every week, i will not be continuing with it next season. If someone wishes to take over then let me know Thank-you all for taking part and the following people on the PLODS 'hall of fame' well done to you!

PLODS League Champions:

2010 - CountHermanDeBanker
2011 - rdfcgazza
2012- corby diamond
2013 - Diamond_Wolf

PLODS Cup Champions:

2010 - Rushdenjim
2011 - rdfc_92
2012 - Rustydiamond
2013 - rdfc_92
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: PLODS

Post by The Godfather »

Wolfy is having a party, bring your vodka and Bacardi!!!
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

The Godfather wrote:Wolfy is having a party, bring your vodka and Bacardi!!!
:P :P :P

I would be happy to take over the running of PLODS if there is enough interest to carry it on?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
olio

Post by olio »

Thanks for all the good work with the PLODS Rushdenjim; I've only been taking part for a couple of years, but I've always enjoyed it. :) I'd be more than happy also to take over the running of PLODS; maybe one person could run one league (e.g. Darby), and another person run the other league (e.g. Griggs)? Just a suggestion.
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

You did a fantastic job rushdenjim, it couldn't be easy doing that week in week out.

Its a real shame that its finishing, however although I didn't miss I week I can sort of understand why some people didn't post or forgot, being on holiday etc or just being sick of being stuck at the bottom with the way the results went. It seemed a bit meaningless sometimes, I was getting to the stage this season that I just couldn't be bothered until one week I got 8 points and was right back up there...

Just an idea and i'm sure some people will have a better idea than me, but to gain peoples interest back could we not change the game slightly which involve not having to guess the scores/post every week, maybe each player is nominated a premier league club, they get points for every goal scored, but points deducted for cards and conceding penalties etc. Then doing a table that way?

Its really just an idea and probably a waste of 5 minutes typing, and the downside it could be time consuming for the organiser, but maybe worth a think??
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

olio wrote:Thanks for all the good work with the PLODS Rushdenjim; I've only been taking part for a couple of years, but I've always enjoyed it. :) I'd be more than happy also to take over the running of PLODS; maybe one person could run one league (e.g. Darby), and another person run the other league (e.g. Griggs)? Just a suggestion.
olio if you want to carry it on that would be great. I reckon that only 1 division would be required though unless more people decide to take part.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
olio

Post by olio »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
olio wrote:Thanks for all the good work with the PLODS Rushdenjim; I've only been taking part for a couple of years, but I've always enjoyed it. :) I'd be more than happy also to take over the running of PLODS; maybe one person could run one league (e.g. Darby), and another person run the other league (e.g. Griggs)? Just a suggestion.
olio if you want to carry it on that would be great. I reckon that only 1 division would be required though unless more people decide to take part.
Cheers Diamond_wolf; I'd be more than happy to carry it on if that's alright with you, Jim, and everyone else who wanted to take part. I'm hoping to be starting my English & Journalism course at Lincoln Uni next year, though I'm confident I'll be able to find enough time to allocate the fixtures, update the tables etc, during the weeks.
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I've enjoyed it the past two season i've played. Think I missed 3 weeks this season by accident which probably cost me a place in the play-offs. I couldn't commit to it but I hope someone carries it on.

For what it's worth i'd like to see one big league rather than two smaller ones.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291