Owen's definately not on the plane

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
ChorltonV

Owen's definately not on the plane

Post by ChorltonV »

So Michael Owen is definately not going to be jetting off to South Africa as part of Capellos' squad this summer after being ruled out for the rest of the season with the hamstring injury that saw him limp out of the Carling cup final on Sunday. I for one am slightly disapointed but not supprised, whilst his goal on Sunday was typical of a player whose extraordinary positional sense to get on the end of chances and score still make him in my opinion a worthy squad member, his record with injuries in past seasons always made his call-up a long shot.

On the plus side Owen Hargreaves looks close to a come back, and he is a player that if fit would definately be in my 1st choice eleven.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
mattreddan

Re: Owen's definately not on the plane

Post by mattreddan »

I thought Owen would have been a great asset to the England side in SA. Hes got the experience, the level head, plus hes still a world class player. Shame really as thats no doubt his last chance he'll get to be in the England Squad for a World Cup.

On the other hand, Hargreaves is wank anyway, I think i've seen him play roughly 2 games ever
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Hargreaves was Englands best player at the last world cup!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Hargreaves is underrated, but I think Barry is better. Lampard needs dropped (preferably on his head)! We must have the most talented central midfield selection choices in the world yet we're constantly underperforming there.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

DiamondsFan wrote:Hargreaves is underrated, but I think Barry is better. Lampard needs dropped (preferably on his head)! We must have the most talented central midfield selection choices in the world yet we're constantly underperforming there.
Agreed, i think Milner should play in the middle with Gerrard, with Hargreaves and Barry as replacements.
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Milner HAS to start in the World Cup.

He has the versatility of a GOD.
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Mark Noble.

The only way were going to win the World Cup is if Robert Green, Matty Upson, Mark Noble, Scott Parker and Carlton Cole are all in the starting line up
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Rdfc91 wrote:Mark Noble.

The only way were going to win the World Cup is if Robert Green, Matty Upson, Mark Noble, Scott Parker and Carlton Cole are all in the starting line up
No guesses on who you support ;)
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Tbh what I've seen of Owen this year justifies Capello not taking him. His overall play has been rubbish tbh and although he's still shown he has a predator's instinct at times, he's also missed clear chances where the Owen of old would have scored.

Hargreaves could be an interesting one, although it depends upon how he performs from now until the end of the season. If he doesn't perform, he doesn't go. Players that go to South Africa should be there on merit, not because of their name.
woody

Post by woody »

mattreddan wrote:Milner HAS to start in the World Cup.

He has the versatility of a GOD.
I take it you have this on HIGHER AUTHORITY? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I had the ear of God! :lol: :lol:
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly