Tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Tonight

Post by Formic »

Pigman wrote:The pressure will always be on us Tony because of our name ;)

We need to just keep doing what we're doing - the squad is looking good and is confident, but not overly so.

No matter where we play we're always the team people want to beat, you should be used to that by now ;)

It'd be good to get that other fan that was at Yeovil that night to an AFC match - where is Jim these days???
Funnily enough I looked him up at the weekend following the Millwall game - he's still Mr Whiskey Bible as far as I can see.
Stocko

Post by Stocko »

Your right guys its certainly in your hands, I said before tonight's game I can see all teams may well drop a point or 2 between now and end of season. Sorry didn't keep up on twitter tonight as got new phone and couldn't remember password.
Got to admit think it will go to the wire now with no easy games for anyone. But must admit this is making for one of the most exciting level 6 leagues in whole country. It's all now in your own hands how well will you cope. Great banter
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote:
Funnily enough I looked him up at the weekend following the Millwall game - he's still Mr Whiskey Bible as far as I can see.
Apparently Wellingborough Town are having a Whisky Evening where Jim Murray will be talking about all things 'Whisky'. ;)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Stocko wrote:Your right guys its certainly in your hands, I said before tonight's game I can see all teams may well drop a point or 2 between now and end of season. Sorry didn't keep up on twitter tonight as got new phone and couldn't remember password.
Got to admit think it will go to the wire now with no easy games for anyone. But must admit this is making for one of the most exciting level 6 leagues in whole country. It's all now in your own hands how well will you cope. Great banter
Its certainly tight, whichever two sides do finally end up winning promotion it will be well deserved and hard earned thats for sure !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I purposely didn't have my PC on last night, so this is a pleasant surprise this morning.

There's still points to be dropped but I'd rather be in our position than either Sileby's or Oadby's. It's a bad time to have a wobble so the pressure is mounting on Oadby.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

following this thread last night was so exciting.It reminded me of the evening Hereford beat Yeovil to give us the Conference title!! In those faraway days all we had was teletext and that was usually 10 mins behind.
diamonds82

Post by diamonds82 »

Excellent result. At last its back in are hands.