Ashington = ON!! (pitch inspection passed)

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Ashington = ON!! (pitch inspection passed)

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I have had a conversation this morning with a friend in Cramlington, in the Ashington region, and he said the weather is awful in the area with sleet and snow. It is forecast for further rain and wintry showers for tomorrow and the outlook is very cold with severe frosts. I am not sure if the game will be given the go-ahead or if there is to be a pitch inspection in timing with the travelling supporters.
Does anyone know what the announcement timings are ?
ron manager

Re: On or Off

Post by ron manager »

Reading on their forum and twitter accounts, its getting milder later in the week. I think they have to let us know around Thursday, as the Team are going up Friday morning.

From my point of view, I would like to know, no later than 7am Saturday morning, if there is any chance its not going ahead.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Ah well, at least that is in plenty of time for any travel arrangements that have been made.

COYD
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

http://metcheck.com/UK/7days.asp

Don't think thats cold enough to freeze the pitch, and I know they have a keen band of people to remove any snow if there is any.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

It's a long long very expensive way to travel if it gets called off late on but the weather forecast looks OK for Saturday as long as the pitch isn't effected too much by the weather at the moment.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It's a tricky one. Brackley went up to Workington last Friday for an overnight stay before their game against Workington, only for the game to be called off at 11am on the Saturday. For those of us committed to various travel arrangements there are a couple of alternatives in the North East if the game does get called off late on - e.g. Sunderland v Chelsea.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Formic wrote:It's a tricky one. Brackley went up to Workington last Friday for an overnight stay before their game against Workington, only for the game to be called off at 11am on the Saturday. For those of us committed to various travel arrangements there are a couple of alternatives in the North East if the game does get called off late on - e.g. Sunderland v Chelsea.
Could be difficult turning up on the day expecting to get tickets for that one though. Blyth Spartans are away on that day but there's various NL games around the area going on as well like Morpeth Town, but I imagine if Ashington is off then presumably all other NL games may be off as well. Whitley Bay are in the vase that day as well so could be an alternative.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

It's always cold up there, even in 'summer'
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:It's always cold up there, even in 'summer'
My lad has been living in the NE area for around 7-8 years first in Cramlington and now in Denton Burn. He reckons that it's generally cooler by around 3 degrees C on average up there than back in Northamptonshire.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Well if it's 3 degrees cooler than here then it must be freezing as it feels freezing here, if the game is on then wrap up warm arctic northern conditions, the Geordies won't be wearing coats mind! :lol: