Sam Smith

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Sam Smith

Post by Trek »

Sounds like the Greg Pearson syndrome. Drop down a division, find the onion bag on a regular basis and regain your confidence.
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Depends what happens with Akurang and Louis whether Sam comes back. I would guess that Louis will leave and Cliff will stay but that leaves us with 3 (Az, Faz, Cliff). If Sam can get another couple in the rest of his loan he'll be back, hopefully confident and fit.

As well as the Pearson example, Brodie went out on loan last season - he's on something like 22 goals already this season.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I think there's a chance he could dislodge Faz from the side, as he is not firing on all cylinders!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Out of interest, Sam's last three goals were scored in a 10 minute spell in the second half.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I was expecting this to be another 'is Sam Smith gonna still be here after JAnuary' sort of topic, so its a lovely surprise to read that, very well done to him. I agree we should leave him there for now but i would definately like to see him back after january. I think IF he can find some sort of form, he could be the answer to our striker problem because atm apart from Aaron all our strikers are playing pants- I'd be happy to have a foursome of Az and Faz, Cliff and Smith for the second half of the season.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Great to see him on the sheet four times. I'd hope we take a look at him while playing there before the loan spell expires, gauge if he is ready and see what happens.

It is partially out of his hands what happens, but as anyone else noted the date on which he went out on his months loan? 10th December. Assuming it is exactly a month then his first game back will be...

Personally I would look at him and think about recalling him a few days early in order to get him playing with the rest of the squad against Workington in the FAT (assuming that one isn't postponed too), before playing the next game. And we all know his record against that lot...
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Jemfy wrote:Great to see him on the sheet four times. I'd hope we take a look at him while playing there before the loan spell expires, gauge if he is ready and see what happens.

It is partially out of his hands what happens, but as anyone else noted the date on which he went out on his months loan? 10th December. Assuming it is exactly a month then his first game back will be...

Personally I would look at him and think about recalling him a few days early in order to get him playing with the rest of the squad against Workington in the FAT (assuming that one isn't postponed too), before playing the next game. And we all know his record against that lot...
I think he's cup tied for that, although I might be wrong.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Yes, Sam played against York for Hinckley in the FAT.
AFC R & D member number 34
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

JamesRDFC wrote: As well as the Pearson example, Brodie went out on loan last season - he's on something like 22 goals already this season.
Never mind Brodie remember Jacko heading off to Raunds for a short time, came back, broke back into the side and never looked back.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
JamesRDFC wrote: As well as the Pearson example, Brodie went out on loan last season - he's on something like 22 goals already this season.
Never mind Brodie remember Jacko heading off to Raunds for a short time, came back, broke back into the side and never looked back.
Similar situation with Tomlin, who went on loan to Brackley and he is a better play now than ever!