Interesting read - particularly issue 8

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Interesting read - particularly issue 8

Post by UttoDiamond »

...seems Starms is having to defend the club from all the negative press we're getting from other UCL clubs, and good job he did too.

Interesting to read Whitworths views of last Saturday as well! :lol:

http://www.northantsucl.co.uk/issues.html
AFC R&D Member Number 444
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Interesting read - particularly issue 8

Post by davealbon »

UttoDiamond wrote:Interesting to read Whitworths views of last Saturday as well! :lol:
Particularly the bit about us 'taking' Jake Newman from them. The same Jake Newman who plays for Sileby! :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

UttoDiamond wrote:...seems Starms is having to defend the club from all the negative press we're getting from other UCL clubs, and good job he did too.

Interesting to read Whitworths views of last Saturday as well! :lol:

http://www.northantsucl.co.uk/issues.html
Great link UttoDiamond

Many thanks
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

davealbon wrote:
UttoDiamond wrote:Interesting to read Whitworths views of last Saturday as well! :lol:
Particularly the bit about us 'taking' Jake Newman from them. The same Jake Newman who plays for Sileby! :?
I see its stating it will become a subscription service soon. I can't see too many wasting their money on it if that is the level of journalism to be expected.

There's a long discussion about the merits of this rag on a thread in the Members forum after they featured Aidy Mann's comments about us in an earlier issue.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

loved this
ONE man who is delighted to see AFC Rushden & Diamonds plying their trade in division one is Whit- worths boss Steve Sargent.
The Flourmen co-manager was blown away by the atmosphere at the Dog & Duck on Saturday when Diamonds took on Thrapston, close to where Sargent’s side were play- ing Wootton Blue Cross.
“It was quite nice because Dia- monds were playing next door to us, and it was ridiculous – fantas- tic,” said Sargent.
“It was a really good atmosphere. I know they are one of our rivals and
they took one of our key players in Jake Newman, but it is fantastic having them in the league, it was like Southern League level.
“They had a band, players songs, and it was like a carnival atmos- phere.”
Sargent laughed at the Diamonds fans attempts at banter with the Flourmen crown though.
He said: “ Apparently they were singing a few songs about how quiet it was at our match. But we had about 15 old blokes watching us – they are hardly going to be go- ing mad, are they?!”
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

thanks for the link, certainly won't be paying for that and talking of shite journalism, I am definately never buying the ET again either.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

The 'shite journalism' you are referring to relating to Jake Newman is in a quote. Isn't that the mistake of the person that said it, not the journalist!?
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Shouldn't said journalist have checked the facts before publishi.................what am I saying, why let the truth get in the way of things eh? ;) :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Diamond Warrior wrote:The 'shite journalism' you are referring to relating to Jake Newman is in a quote. Isn't that the mistake of the person that said it, not the journalist!?
There's plenty more besides a failure to check that - perhaps he might buy a spell-checker with the first subscription monies. Its interesting he choses to ignore our game tomorrow in his Friday effort - yet it will probably be best attended game in UCL1.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Formic wrote:
Diamond Warrior wrote:The 'shite journalism' you are referring to relating to Jake Newman is in a quote. Isn't that the mistake of the person that said it, not the journalist!?
There's plenty more besides a failure to check that - perhaps he might buy a spell-checker with the first subscription monies. Its interesting he choses to ignore our game tomorrow in his Friday effort - yet it will probably be best attended game in UCL1.
I noticed a few errors that made me cringe in the various issues I read. It's good enough as a freebie, but I wouldn't subscribe to it.