MEMBERS' FORUM AUGUST 1st

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

MEMBERS' FORUM AUGUST 1st

Post by StaceyH »

All current members are invited to attend a Members’ Forum on Wednesday August 1st at Rushden Town Bowling Club, Rushden at 7.30pm.

This is a chance for you to hear all the latest news from the club as we look forward to the new season.

Please ensure that you bring your 2012/13 membership card with you. If you haven’t yet renewed your membership, you will be able to renew on the door and, we will also be pleased to take new memberships.

Rushden Town Bowling Club is located at 144 Northampton Road, Rushden, NN10 6AN
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
ChorltonV

Re: MEMBERS' FORUM AUGUST 1st

Post by ChorltonV »

Cool, I've not got round to renewing my membership (sorry Ralph!), this gives me the perfect opportunity.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

Are there any plans to do an agenda to be made available on the official forum before the meeting?

Thanks
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Can I ask why all meetings seem to occur in the week? Its impossible for a lot of members to attend due to work.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

rudolph_hucker wrote:Can I ask why all meetings seem to occur in the week? Its impossible for a lot of members to attend due to work.

Fair point, plus ideally a bit more notice would be preferable especially as it's holiday season.

How often do these meetings tend to occur out of interest? Or should the question be, how often are we planning to have forums?

Think we need an agenda so people can submit questions/points of view if they are unable to make it due to the short notice.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

rudolph_hucker wrote:Can I ask why all meetings seem to occur in the week? Its impossible for a lot of members to attend due to work.
There would be more people unable to attend if it was held on a weekend through work and family commitments.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Trek wrote:
There would be more people unable to attend if it was held on a weekend through work and family commitments.
Therefore alienating those of us that work away or do shifts during the week, I'm guessing that there are more people working during the week than at weekends, especially as most of the members will be at the game anyway. Community club or just the select few?
stamboy

Post by stamboy »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Trek wrote:
Therefore alienating those of us that work away or do shifts during the week, I'm guessing that there are more people working during the week than at weekends, especially as most of the members will be at the game anyway. Community club or just the select few?
Perhaps we should have a vote on it.

I personally would have thought that people would be able to spare an hour or two more at the weekend than in the week. However, this is just an opinion. I used to travel into London for work and often didn't get back till 2000 or 2030.

Plus if people are supporting a club and going to matches (mostly at weekends) surely this means they have time at weekends?

Ultimately, I guess there's no right or wrong as you can't please everyone and not everyone will be able to attend no matter what the date/time. However, as mentioned perhaps more notice should be given, to at least give those people who would like to attend (but can't) a chance to re-arrange things.

I think we also need to take comments/questions from members like Rudolph_Hucker who can't attend due to work/other commitments, but are passionate about the club and want a say. Hence I think an Agenda would be a good starting point.

My two penneth...... ;)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
OK then. Matches are held on a Saturday afternoon so that's out. What time do you suggest on a Saturday or Sunday for future member forums? There will always be people who can't attend whatever the day or time through other commitments. I shall not be attending on the 1st August because it's my wedding anniversary.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Trek wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
OK then. Matches are held on a Saturday afternoon so that's out. What time do you suggest on a Saturday or Sunday for future member forums? There will always be people who can't attend whatever the day or time through other commitments. I shall not be attending on the 1st August because it's my wedding anniversary.
Saturday evenings would do, there are definitely more people that could make it as they would have just left the game and are more inclined to pop along/stay at the ground. Many people don't rush straight home after games as was proven in the old days of Strikers bar.
It just seems that passionate supporters get no say as they are at work earning money to pay their bills.