Luton Town FC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mattreddan

Luton Town FC

Post by mattreddan »

After years, and years of saying different, I reckon it's time to come to terms with the fact they are a conference level team. surely? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats to York
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Luton Town FC

Post by Olly »

I feel for Azzer and Curtis, but I can't say I feel for the club overall, I'm sure the deluded arrogant pricks will be saying they'll come back and walk the league again next season, can't believe they still cant get out of the league they hate so much :lol: :lol:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor old Ed !!! ;) I think Loootun are waiting for us to get back into the Conference !!

I feel for the ex-Diamonds boys, but Luton as a club - delighted for their fans ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

YES! :D

Sorry for Az and Curtis, but delighted overall!

York earned this after their 8-year stay.
Member Number: 21
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

In a Luton Town facebook group my Luton supporting friend posted in, some-one commented this:
"taking 30k to Wembley, and this is a team that is jokingly called a conference side"
- Um, you're called a conference side because you're about to play in it for the fourth year in a row. (think I'm right in saying fourth?) It's time they stopped being so arrogant and thinking they have the automatic right to promotion just because they have a large amount of fans. You can't pretend you're still a Championship side just because you used to play in it around 8 years ago.
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Fantasic that York won today, i'm really glad for them.

The Saliant Point WE should note is Support size don't win you League titles, promotions or Trophies.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

DiamondEejit wrote:You can't pretend you're still a Championship side just because you used to play in it around 8 years ago.
The same irritates me about a large amount of Arsenal fans who still believe they're a title winning team when they haven't won a trophy for 7 or 8 years
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

It's time they stopped being so arrogant and thinking they have the automatic right to promotion just because they have a large amount of fans.

Yes but only a few days ago we had some of ours fans moaning about not being placed in the UCL prem due to our size and some are expecting a quick rise back up the Leagues due our fan base.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Biggles wrote:
Yes but only a few days ago we had some of ours fans moaning about not being placed in the UCL prem due to the precedent that had been set and some are expecting a quick rise back up the Leagues due our fan base.
Fixed it for you. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Those comments, by very few people, came out of hope/disappointment - not a feeling of divine right. Luton fans I know always go on about how they shouldn't be here because of the 30 point deduction, they didn't get relegated by their on-field performances, but by red tape.

They are now STILL in the conference because they haven't been found to be good enough - people laugh at them because they bleat on about their proud history - well it counts for nowt !! Ploppy fans, take note ! ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51