who owns nene park????

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

who owns nene park????

Post by discodunk »

i drove past this morning and this popped into my head........who actually owns nene park???
being a late comer to the diamonds fold(last 3 seasons)im a little confused as to who owns it ?how did they come about owning it ?how much did it cost them ?did max just walk away ? if so he must have left it to someone to look after,and how much was np built for(if you had spent x amount of millions on something surely you would want some sort of return) and how were the trust involved in the merry go round :D
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: who owns nene park????

Post by BartonRaz »

KC owns Nene Park. Think it cost him 512k when he temporarily saved the club in 2007. Max walked away but left a fair few stipulations, many of which i've forgotten.

I remember hearing that Max invested £32m in R&D, how much of that was on the ground itself I don't know. Formic or Trek might be able to give you more info.

* 90% of the above may be incorrect.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Keith Cousins (or one of his companies), Colin Hill (probably "the money" behind it), A N Other(s) - who cares !?!

I won't even go to the car boot sales anymore because it puts money into "the set-up" - I can't even look at the place when I drive past it now - it all feels like a tangled web over there.

I think its sad for Max because he invested so much money into the venture, and because I also have such fond memories of the place - I guess we'll see how everything pans out in 2015 (I think it is) when the covenant on the land runs out and no profit made on it has to be paid the S R Griggs - good luck with your "25 year lease" then KTFC.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Colnagen Enterprises SA, incorporated in Panama. Many times KC said he was the sole owner, however the Col part may be significant. ;)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:Colnagen Enterprises SA, incorporated in Panama. Many times KC said he was the sole owner, however the Col part may be significant. ;)
an interesting idea - but rather ruined by the fact the company name is in fact Conalgen...
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:
Trek wrote:Colnagen Enterprises SA, incorporated in Panama. Many times KC said he was the sole owner, however the Col part may be significant. ;)
an interesting idea - but rather ruined by the fact the company name is in fact Conalgen...
:lol:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

And Con being the operative word!
supersub

Post by supersub »

How true :D
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

so kc owns it.....but what is his background and how does he make it pay???? what are your thoughts for the future of the ground??? and didnt she who must not be mentioned say that the sewer system is quite technical ie if the electric is turned off the place could flood with efluante(sh*t to you and me,but i think that might have happened already ;) :D ) so making unsuitable to build on :?:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Some C*nt.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.