Stevenage blame the pitch and the STADIUM???

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
johno

Stevenage blame the pitch and the STADIUM???

Post by johno »

"Another problem for Borough was the state of the pitch. The Nene Park pitch, that has in season’s past been one of the best in the league, is much like the stadium now looking jaded and past its best."

Taken from their website.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: Stevenage blame the pitch and the STADIUM???

Post by BartonRaz »

To be fair the pitch cut up badly, but as for the stadium, i suggest they look closer to home.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Borough's main problem was that we scored more than them lmao :D
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Diamondsforever wrote:Borough's main problem was that we scored more than them lmao :D
Im sure the ground is not as nice and shiny as it was, and an argument could be made for cleaning some of the facias on the tops of the stand, but as Barton Raz said, that is a bit rich coming from them! When we went they hadn't bothered to pick up the broken seats from the week before!!!
StaceyH
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Their excuses are just laughable. I suggest they throw the grapes away as they're obviously very sour 8-)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Harry

Post by Harry »

Clearly looking for anything to blame, and clearly being a bit hypocritical regarding the stadium there, but as jimbob has pointed out maybe a good clean of the stadium might be a good thing to do at the end of the season.

We still have a fantastic stadium and it is only really superficial stuff, I for one would be more than happy to volunteer if the club asked for help with cleaning the outside of the stadium, as obviously it is not going to be a priority money wise.
Diamond down South.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Also I apologise if it looks like I'm trying to find something to be negative about with on-the-pitch matters going so well, I am not, I just think a little spring clean could make a huge difference.
Diamond down South.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Harry wrote:Also I apologise if it looks like I'm trying to find something to be negative about with on-the-pitch matters going so well, I am not, I just think a little spring clean could make a huge difference.
Completely agree Harry, and i would also be happy to help, although i'm not so keen on doing the high bits :oops: :lol:
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

I am not on the board but I know that John Souster, Warren and the rest of the Trust Board are already in discussion about some maintenance of the stadium inside and out, and a number of people are already planning the painting/facia cleaning etc.. as I understand it.

Most of this work would be out of season (some facia board work requires Cherry pickers on the pitch side), so I am sure there will be more information on this coming over the next few months, from those on the Trust Board, with requests for help/volunteers as Glenis usually does out of season, so watch out for that as well.

But it's something that we are aware of, though even still, I think our facilities we have thanks to Max are head and shoulders above most others at this level (and even a few levels above), though that also means they are more expensive on the upkeep as well.

Some of this work will also require funds, so support of upcoming trust events - like Quiz nights, Race nights etc.. also helps towards the funding pot for this work, where not everything can be donated. Thanks to all those that do the 50/50 etc.

Anyway with the amount SBFC had the ball in the air, maybe the air density is different up here and that affected their play, rather than the pitch? It must be hard to keep a pitch in great condition given the weather/covers lately - and I still think it's far and away the best surface around. If anything we'd be the ones to suffer more - as we're used to playing on a quality surface half the time.
Mad Dog
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Dazzler wrote:I am not on the board but I know that John Souster, Warren and the rest of the Trust Board are already in discussion about some maintenance of the stadium inside and out, and a number of people are already planning the painting/facia cleaning etc.. as I understand it.

Most of this work would be out of season (some facia board work requires Cherry pickers on the pitch side), so I am sure there will be more information on this coming over the next few months, from those on the Trust Board, with requests for help/volunteers as Glenis usually does out of season, so watch out for that as well.

But it's something that we are aware of, though even still, I think our facilities we have thanks to Max are head and shoulders above most others at this level (and even a few levels above), though that also means they are more expensive on the upkeep as well.

Some of this work will also require funds, so support of upcoming trust events - like Quiz nights, Race nights etc.. also helps towards the funding pot for this work, where not everything can be donated. Thanks to all those that do the 50/50 etc.

Anyway with the amount SBFC had the ball in the air, maybe the air density is different up here and that affected their play, rather than the pitch? It must be hard to keep a pitch in great condition given the weather/covers lately - and I still think it's far and away the best surface around. If anything we'd be the ones to suffer more - as we're used to playing on a quality surface half the time.
Indeed, that was my reaction when I read this. They didn't try and keep it on the pitch enough to justify moaning! :lol: